App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Hey, so it depends what part of the application your at. But after sponsor approval, the sponsor doesn't really get many emails (I haven't gotten any yet).

You could make sure your gckey is connected in the mean time, if it is, then mails should go to that account as well. You'll also be able to see in the tracker if some kind of mail or message is sent.

But ya, after sponsor approval, i haven't really seen the sponsor get any email.

Secondly, i believe if you have tracker connected, you can edit some contact details from there, that might be worth a try.
Also to follow up on this point above.

If the Sponsor also lists themselves as the representative, (there's a form you must fill in the beginning when submitting your application) then all emails would go to the representative, in this case the sponsor and not the Principal Applicant.

So I receive the emails relating to the Spousal Sponsorship and I simply forward them to my wife or communicate with her regarding process/next steps.

Reactions: Q1303

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Hello, I am the PA, and my partner (sponsor) can no longer access her email. We submitted a web form a while ago with her new email but received no updates regarding that. I am concerned that we might receive an important email to her old address before it gets updated. I've been informed that I will only receive updates, not her. However, I'm not sure if that is accurate. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I must say that she is less concered about this matter than I am.
I'm PA, currently waiting for the final COPR papers. Throughout the whole process my partner (sponsor) received only two letters (via email) from IRCC: AOR (acknowledgment of receipt for our application) and SA (confirmation he's eligible to sponsor me). Everything else came my way via my GCKey account (I received an email every time a message was sent via the GCKey).

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
Thank you all. She is not a representative of the application and the last update I received was the medical exam. So we already received the AOR and the sponsor eligibility.

But with all that being said how do we go about changing the email address? We sent a web form twice now but with no updates as of now. Also, due to her work schedule is pretty much impossible for her to contact IRCC.

Simran00deep

Feb 6, 2024
I submitted my passport on 25-01-2023.I got last update on 30-01-2023 that it is under process at the IRCC. When will get my passport dispatch update ? Anybody has any idea about this why its taking that much time?

komal555

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
I submitted my passport on 25-01-2023.I got last update on 30-01-2023 that it is under process at the IRCC. When will get my passport dispatch update ? Anybody has any idea about this why its taking that much time?
I also gave same timeline please update here if you get dispatch message

belcat

Apr 17, 2020
I finally decided to join.
Submitted July 17, 2023
AOR September 19 & 27
Police certificate September 27
Biometrics October 4
Medical exam December 21
2nd police certificate (oops) December 27

I am just hoping screwing up the police certificate the first time doesn't mean we'll be put in the slow lane. It seems after a year they don't care too much after your application, you aren't doing anything for their stats.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
My wife is still awaiting to receive her passport request, but from my understanding is that it could take up to a month after sending passport in and longer depending on the country of the applicant and their respective visa office.

faltic01

Feb 20, 2024
North York
Category........
FAM

ruqhat

Feb 28, 2024
hello
did anyone receive any update? people who applied form Pakistan? my medical got updated on 29th December. since then it has entered background check.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
hello
did anyone receive any update? people who applied form Pakistan? my medical got updated on 29th December. since then it has entered background check.
Just waiting on next steps. No ghost updates even.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Hey everyone, I just checked both IRCC Secure / Unsecure account and the Application Tracker account.

They REJECTED my wife's visit visa application as of yesterday. February 27, 2024.

Following Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

However, Background Check now shows as completed for the Visit Visa application in the application tracker and the secure/unsecure ircc account but it is backdated as of October 20, 2023.

Eligibility for Sponsorship still doesn't show as in progress yet, hoping to see some activity by Friday this week. *Fingers Crossed*

Reactions: r4ngerer

r4ngerer

Jan 17, 2024
GTA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
02-08-2023
AOR Received.
30-09-2023
Med's Request
13-01-2024
Hey everyone, I just checked both IRCC Secure / Unsecure account and the Application Tracker account.

They REJECTED my wife's visit visa application as of yesterday. February 27, 2024.

Following Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

However, Background Check now shows as completed for the Visit Visa application in the application tracker and the secure/unsecure ircc account but it is backdated as of October 20, 2023.

Eligibility for Sponsorship still doesn't show as in progress yet, hoping to see some activity by Friday this week. *Fingers Crossed*
Man that sucks. I feel for you. Hopefully your application starts moving soon.

Judging from my GCMS notes though, theres not much going on regarding our applications. My GCMS notes were practically empty.

Reactions: Noorulabdeen

Ch-et

Sep 13, 2023
Hi, did anyone receive an interview request?
we applied on 11th July 23.
Completed medical, biometrics etc all by Sept last week.
File moved to NDVO on 19th Feb.
Received interview letter today.
we are wondering what this means?
is it a positive sign?
We will appreciate if someone can share their experience.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi, did anyone receive an interview request?
we applied on 11th July 23.
Completed medical, biometrics etc all by Sept last week.
File moved to NDVO on 19th Feb.
Received interview letter today.
we are wondering what this means?
is it a positive sign?
We will appreciate if someone can share their experience.
Interview is a negative sign. It means that IRCC has doubts on whether your marriage is genuine.

Reactions: nyantaro19