+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 outland spousal sponsorship No AOR

Osamaraj

Nov 5, 2021
Greetings everyone,
We submitted our outland online spousal application on July16 2023 and after 5 months, we have not received AOR, sponsor approval, BIL or MIL.
I have done the following things to get an update but nothing has changed and I have been asked to wait.
1. Contact MP for update- contacted and response was to wait and approach them again in Jan 2024.
2. Request for ATIP notes- got the notes and it is empty
3. Submitting webform- response is they have received the application

I believe our application was assigned to an agent ID and that ID is dormant and hence not being worked on.

I am thinking of again submitting another new similar spousal sponsorship application attaching the same fee receipt and hoping this one would be processed normally.

My question to fellow applicants here is,
Am I allowed to submit another application on top of the already submitted one?
Will there be any repercussions for doing this?
Please help me here as I have been patiently waiting for this PR application to finalize.

Note: I applied for a TRV visa with no AOR and the visa was approved. Currently submitted passport for stamping and waiting.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
There's no such thing as to have your file assigned to a dormant agent ID. Your file isn't looked by one person only. It goes through multiple officers throughout the process, and it is initially sent to an intake processing centre, not to a single officer. From there there will be specific officers assigned to your case, but that's after AOR.

You have done all you can do on your end, now you have to wait until next year, after the holidays and festives, and see if something comes back. Most of us haven't heard anything since the mid of November.

You cannot submit a second process, it will be rejected. Be patient, send a webform later on by mid January, and try the MP again. That's about it. As long as your process is within the timeframe, they are still processing.

Quite honestly you are in a much better position than majority of people since you got your TRV and you will be reunited with your spouse before a lot of us here, I wish I didn't have the AOR but had the TRV to be with my wife. :(