Biometrics request: September 8, 2023
Approval in principle & sponsor approval: October 5, 2023
Portal 1: December 4, 2023
Portal 2: January 19, 2024

Reactions: Home_13579

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear members, finally my spousal sponsorship is approved. Yesterday Jan 23, 2024 received an email from IRCC that their PR status is confirmed. mail also mention that "
An IRCC case worker will send you a message with further information; the message will come from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder. "

what does this mean? I have already downloaded eCOPR for my wife and child. do i need to apply for their 1st PR card or will it be sent automatically?

eric786110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hey guys i was hoping if someone can shed some light on my current situation. I am a canadian citizen residing in canada i want to sponsor my wife,she is also currently in canada. We are currently waiting on our marriage certificate we were told it takes about 8 weeks to receive. But the issue is i have some family commitment’s in USA for which i have to stay in the states for 4-5 months. Is there a way we can start our spousal application while i am in USA and my wife in canada ?
Thanks

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Dear members, finally my spousal sponsorship is approved. Yesterday Jan 23, 2024 received an email from IRCC that their PR status is confirmed. mail also mention that "
An IRCC case worker will send you a message with further information; the message will come from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder. "

what does this mean? I have already downloaded eCOPR for my wife and child. do i need to apply for their 1st PR card or will it be sent automatically?
It means it will be sent automatically once you upload photo and fill other information on the portal (which you already did if you received eCoPR). Do not apply for the 1st PR Card.

Reactions: tanvir1982

lulucasserole

Dec 4, 2023
Category........
FAM
My wife finally received her P2 email today from Montreal! Our timeline so far:

My wife received her eCoPR earlier this week!

Applied: July 5, 2023
AOR: August 22, 2023
Medical request: August 23, 2023
Biometrics request: September 8, 2023
Approval in principle & sponsor approval: October 5, 2023
Portal 1: December 4, 2023
Portal 2: January 19, 2024
eCoPR: January 30, 2024

titaamac

Sep 22, 2023
hi guys, I hope you can help me with this. my husband was scheduled to fly out tomorrow, but he's passport has been stolen. His COPR was issued already, what do I do now? can he travel and explain the situation? do I get him back to Canada on his ETA? any advice would be much appreciated

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi guys, I hope you can help me with this. my husband was scheduled to fly out tomorrow, but he's passport has been stolen. His COPR was issued already, what do I do now? can he travel and explain the situation? do I get him back to Canada on his ETA? any advice would be much appreciated
Where is he now? He cannot travel without a passport. Can he get an emergency passport (rush application? ) He will need to reschedule his flight without a passport, he cannot travel.

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
So today I got my COPR update on my tracker for my Spousal Sponsorship, however I have a question, why does my expiry date say Sept 2024? Please advise

titaamac

Sep 22, 2023
Where is he now? He cannot travel without a passport. Can he get an emergency passport (rush application? ) He will need to reschedule his flight without a passport, he cannot travel.
things have been sorted, he landed in Canada with a new passport, eTa and work permit. (which was approved while he was waiting for his new passport) we submitted information to the portal, its in review now.

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Kindly help me with following queries:

Situation: I obtained PR in Dec and will be travelling (1st PoE) to Toronto by the end of March. So I will obtain my PR Card & SIN by April first week or so.

Agenda:
To bring my wife to Canada ASAP and ensure her PR.

Queries:
1. Can I sponsor Spousal Visa before moving there itself? Or do I have there first to sponsor anyone?
2. What is the correct method?
a. Obtain Visitor visa first, move to Canada, Apply for Spousal PR, Apply for OPW based Spousal AoR
b. Apply for Spousal PR in home country, Apply for TRV based on Spousal AOR, Move to Canada.
3. If both are correct in Q2, which has better success rate?

Thanks in Advance :)