+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hello,
My spouse sponsored me for my permanent residency. I am the principal applicant and he's the sponsor and he's not my representative for the application. He's changed his address in Canada since we applied and my application is currently being processed. Where and how do I update his address in my application which is currently being processed? We want to provide the latest information in the application so that there is no issue from the government side and we don't lose any documents if we receive any in this process. Please let me know if any of you have any recent experience. Thanks.
You need to send a webform with the changes, that's the only way to let immigration know. Here is the link:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Hello,
My spouse sponsored me for my permanent residency. I am the principal applicant and he's the sponsor and he's not my representative for the application. He's changed his address in Canada since we applied and my application is currently being processed. Where and how do I update his address in my application which is currently being processed? We want to provide the latest information in the application so that there is no issue from the government side and we don't lose any documents if we receive any in this process. Please let me know if any of you have any recent experience. Thanks.
In my case, we called IRCC and they updated the address. You can also submit a webform, but I think doing it in real-time with an IRCC agent is good.

Reactions: Maria0000

titaamac

Sep 22, 2023
July 7th my application SENT
august 23rd got AOR
principal applicant received:
September 11th got letter for biometrics
September 13th got letter for exam
September 14th eligibility complete
September 20th all but background verification complete
background verification = in progress
Ive been reading and reading different threads and I see no commonality I am in BC anyone have any updates?
I am so worried it will get stuck on background verification

iafo23

Sep 4, 2023
august 23rd got AOR
Ive been reading and reading different threads and I see no commonality I am in BC anyone have any updates?
I fear the same! July 6th applicant. The background check has been in progress since Sept 09. Different forums say different things, don't know which one is accurate. Please keep me posted if there's any update. & all the best!

ENNjoyH0

Aug 14, 2023
august 23rd got AOR
My application was in background check process since August 4. Tracker shows an update once a while by the login records but nothing really updated in the application history. Still hoping for the best.

andygill11

May 5, 2018
I did upfront medical for OWP and then a few days later ircc requested medical exam for PR application. Sent in a webform with the OWP medical, received an email that the documents have been uploaded but gckey continues to say “we have requested a medical exam…” and the PR tracker shows the document number for medical from the PR application and not from OWP upfront medical. What should I do?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I did upfront medical for OWP and then a few days later ircc requested medical exam for PR application. Sent in a webform with the OWP medical, received an email that the documents have been uploaded but gckey continues to say “we have requested a medical exam…” and the PR tracker shows the document number for medical from the PR application and not from OWP upfront medical. What should I do?
Try to call them.

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
My wife has completed biometrics procedure almost 2 weeks ago. no update in PR tracker portal. anybody else facing same issue?

titaamac

Sep 22, 2023
question and I feel dumb asking, I applied for the spousal sponsorship and while paying the fees I payed for the OWP, we just got a letter today that he can now apply for the OWP. Does that mean I submit a different application? I was under the understanding that while we wait for his PR he would receive his OWP. someone help please what do I do?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
question and I feel dumb asking, I applied for the spousal sponsorship and while paying the fees I payed for the OWP, we just got a letter today that he can now apply for the OWP. Does that mean I submit a different application? I was under the understanding that while we wait for his PR he would receive his OWP. someone help please what do I do?
Did you apply for OWP? Paying the fee when you applied for sponsorship application does not submit OWP application automatically.
I think some people paid again and apply for refund later. And back then we could use the receipt and attach it to the OWP application. But I am not sure if you can do that with online forms.

titaamac

Sep 22, 2023
Did you apply for OWP? Paying the fee when you applied for sponsorship application does not submit OWP application automatically.
I think some people paid again and apply for refund later. And back then we could use the receipt and attach it to the OWP application. But I am not sure if you can do that with online forms.
yeah so I finally figured it out, but now I'm having issues with the OWP application when I get to recent travels in IMM5257 the drop down menu for countries doesn't work! what frustrates me in all this is the inability of others whom might not have the resources to fill this applications. Anyone encounter this problem with the application for OWP?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
In the PR tracker page of IRCC it is showing that my wife's eligibility is "completed", but my dependent child's eligibility is showing "not started". Has anyone else faced similar issues? Background verification is showing "In progress" for both.

noza

Apr 13, 2018
You can access the tracker .. with both principle applicant and sponsor with same application number. It works for both.. just create new account for each . use same application number with different UCI..
Can you please provide the link for tracker you are. Using? I tried to open 2 tracker but did not go through. Thanks

JayPatel24

Oct 25, 2023
I have submitted my file on first week of August, I do received biometric, pre-arrival service letter and sponsor and principal application eligibility meet letter, how long more it take to get final decision?