+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

EA0924

Aug 3, 2023
Just received AOR today (6 Sep 2023). Application submission date July 13, 2023.

My spouse and child is currently in visitor visa. valid upto november. should i apply for OWP or extension of visitor? can they stay after November if i apply for wife's OWP?
im in the same situation. What i did is i applied for visitor extension. Approval for OWP will also take some time and i opted just to wait for the PR

Reactions: Maria0000

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Just received AOR today (6 Sep 2023). Application submission date July 13, 2023.

My spouse and child is currently in visitor visa. valid upto november. should i apply for OWP or extension of visitor? can they stay after November if i apply for wife's OWP?
Somewhere I read that even if you are on a visitor visa (TRV) you need to keep it valid until your sponsorship/permanent resident is processed.

nve

Apr 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
Also regarding OPW, will we have to do biometrics twice? I’m guessing they will not send the biometrics request for the PR until the police certificate goes through in a month.. meanwhile we’ll need to do biometrics for the OPW but I’ve just read that even if you’ve done biometrics recently you’ll have to do it again for the PR and also pay twice. But I’m not totally clear on that.
When you apply for OWP you will have to select "no" for the question wether you have given biometrics within the past ten years, and you will have to pay the fee as well.

If you receive the biometrics request for the work permit first, then you will have to do it again later for PR a second time.
But if you choose to wait until you receive the biometric request for PR and do it then, you only have to do it once and it will be good for 10 years for PR and any other applications like OWP. In that case you should get a refund for the fee you paid when applying for OWP.

2021PR

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,
I applied on 24th Jul as Inland and yesterday I recd an status update and my file is returned.
Noticed that IMM 5406 & IMM 5669 shows Incomplete, where as we had filled both these forms.
Now while opening these forms, I noticed that there are changed formats and additional info is asked while that wasn;t the case when we originally filled those form.
Did they changed these form since we submitted?
Is anyone else also faced the same situation?

We also did not submit IMM 5562 as it wasn't essential as it is applicable on case of Outland applicants, wanted to know if that is a must to submit while we resubmit Inland application?
Appreciate your help.

hiheha

Apr 19, 2016
Hi,
I applied on 24th Jul as Inland and yesterday I recd an status update and my file is returned.
Noticed that IMM 5406 & IMM 5669 shows Incomplete, where as we had filled both these forms.
Now while opening these forms, I noticed that there are changed formats and additional info is asked while that wasn;t the case when we originally filled those form.
Did they changed these form since we submitted?
Is anyone else also faced the same situation?

We also did not submit IMM 5562 as it wasn't essential as it is applicable on case of Outland applicants, wanted to know if that is a must to submit while we resubmit Inland application?
Appreciate your help.
Forms IMM 5406 & IMM 5669 are forms which you fill online on the PR portal. The system automatically does not let you proceed in filing the next section without filling up the mandatory fields. At the time of submitting these forms online, the fields and questions represent the most recent version.

We applied initially in April 2023 and the application was returned back in July due to error in the submitted stream. The we applied back on July 28, 2023. Between the two times I did not notice any changes in the online forms. We have just received an AOR on September 10.

Form IMM 5562 Travel History is an online form too, I remember it was mandatory to be filled and submitted for the my wife's inland PR application. I do remember this form because it took us 3 days to finish. My wife flies a lot for her business.

Last edited:

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
I have received AOR recently. I'm seriously confused about what to do next - linking application to GCkey or opening a tracker account? do I have to do both?

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
I have received AOR recently. I'm seriously confused about what to do next - linking application to GCkey or opening a tracker account? do I have to do both?
That's great, congrats! You don't have to link it to gckey or on tracker, that's optional. In my opinion linking them on both places helps to get an idea in what stage your application is, they are more "accurate" or updated often than portal.

ttt1234

Aug 10, 2023
Hello! We've applied on July 14th and received a letter that stated that "in order to process your application, further information is required" and asked us to submit an additional documentation. The letter provided the UCI and application number. Just wondering if the letter is the AOR? We didn't get any additional letter or anything but GC and PR tracker indicated that we've passed the medical exam on September 8th. Thank you!

conchstewey

Sep 4, 2023
Hi folks, we applied July 6th and received an email on august 24th, but also a request for a police certificate at the same time. We’ve not received a biometrics request yet. The email we received looked like a potential AOR but it did not say the actual words Acknowledgment of Receipt or have an official pdf letter attached…. It did include the application number & UCI number. I guess my question is, what do the AOR actually look like? Is that in the subject title? Ours just said ‘information regarding application number ******’ and said ‘we have received your application for sponsorship on July 8th, 2023’.

Does that count as an AOR??
I too got an email instead of a PDF that doesn't specifically say AOR but reads like it and when I read other people's experience they seem to all say that it's an AOR... IRCC isn't clear at all lol so did you ever find out if it is? If so did you apply for an OWP?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just to confirm with other experienced forum members, My wife and child is under visitor visa. I received AOR for spousal sponsorship now applying for OPW for my wife. I have to submit another application for extension of visitor visa for my child, right? or is there any way i can mention my child under OPW application of my wife?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Just to confirm with other experienced forum members, My wife and child is under visitor visa. I received AOR for spousal sponsorship now applying for OPW for my wife. I have to submit another application for extension of visitor visa for my child, right? or is there any way i can mention my child under OPW application of my wife?
Yes. you need to extend you child's visitor status. Your wife's OWP application does not have any effect on your child's status.

Mayu@11

Sep 7, 2023
Hello,
My spouse sponsored me for my permanent residency. I am the principal applicant and he's the sponsor and he's not my representative for the application. He's changed his address in Canada since we applied and my application is currently being processed. Where and how do I update his address in my application which is currently being processed? We want to provide the latest information in the application so that there is no issue from the government side and we don't lose any documents if we receive any in this process. Please let me know if any of you have any recent experience. Thanks.