+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Timeline:

Application submitted: July 11

AOR received : August 26

where will I get updates regarding my application? Tried linking it to my gckey but says my application cannot be found. Maybe I tried to link it a bit too early? Or will the updates regarding my medical request and every other thing be sent to me via email?
The AOR is for the sponsor, so if you are the principal applicant and you try to access the tracker, it won't work, you'll have to do that with the Sponsor's info. But after you receive the medical report (AFAICT) or biometric request (I think), then you can use the information to access the tracker.
May God see you through!

Simran sagoo

Feb 17, 2018
The AOR is for the sponsor, so if you are the principal applicant and you try to access the tracker, it won't work, you'll have to do that with the Sponsor's info. But after you receive the medical report (AFAICT) or biometric request (I think), then you can use the information to access the tracker.
May God see you through!
You can access the tracker .. with both principle applicant and sponsor with same application number. It works for both.. just create new account for each . use same application number with different UCI..

Reactions: teodinho

Prashita

Sep 3, 2023
Hi, I have submitted my inland spousal sponsorship application on 28 July, 2023 but I have not received any updates yet, Is it because I don’t have a valid status in Canada right now or it’s normal?

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Hi, I have submitted my inland spousal sponsorship application on 28 July, 2023 but I have not received any updates yet, Is it because I don’t have a valid status in Canada right now or it’s normal?
It is taking about 6-7 weeks to receive AOR these days

iafo23

Sep 4, 2023
Submitted July 06, received AoR on 22nd August. Medical passed (23rd August), Biometric and background check in progress. This info is from the PR tracker. However, Gckey shows: that medical completed+passed, biometrics and background checks are not required. The discrepancy in the info is very confusing and I don't know what to expect next. Any thoughts?

hanniemac

Sep 5, 2023
Hi folks, we applied July 6th and received an email on august 24th, but also a request for a police certificate at the same time. We’ve not received a biometrics request yet. The email we received looked like a potential AOR but it did not say the actual words Acknowledgment of Receipt or have an official pdf letter attached…. It did include the application number & UCI number. I guess my question is, what do the AOR actually look like? Is that in the subject title? Ours just said ‘information regarding application number ******’ and said ‘we have received your application for sponsorship on July 8th, 2023’.

Does that count as an AOR??

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hi folks, we applied July 6th and received an email on august 24th, but also a request for a police certificate at the same time. We’ve not received a biometrics request yet. The email we received looked like a potential AOR but it did not say the actual words Acknowledgment of Receipt or have an official pdf letter attached…. It did include the application number & UCI number. I guess my question is, what do the AOR actually look like? Is that in the subject title? Ours just said ‘information regarding application number ******’ and said ‘we have received your application for sponsorship on July 8th, 2023’.

Does that count as an AOR??
Hi! That's actually the AOR. With the line 'we have received your application for sponsorship on July 8th, 2023’. they are acknowledging they received you application.

hanniemac

Sep 5, 2023
Hi! That's actually the AOR. With the line 'we have received your application for sponsorship on July 8th, 2023’. they are acknowledging they received you application.
Thanks so much for your reply! Can I use that email for the OPW then even though it’s not an official letter or pdf?

Also regarding OPW, will we have to do biometrics twice? I’m guessing they will not send the biometrics request for the PR until the police certificate goes through in a month.. meanwhile we’ll need to do biometrics for the OPW but I’ve just read that even if you’ve done biometrics recently you’ll have to do it again for the PR and also pay twice. But I’m not totally clear on that.

Also does applying OPW count as maintained status?? Or would he have to apply for an extension for his visitor record before it expires in December?

Sorry for all the questions! I’ve tried to get through to immigration but can’t get through to a live agent lol!

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Thanks so much for your reply! Can I use that email for the OPW then even though it’s not an official letter or pdf?

Also regarding OPW, will we have to do biometrics twice? I’m guessing they will not send the biometrics request for the PR until the police certificate goes through in a month.. meanwhile we’ll need to do biometrics for the OPW but I’ve just read that even if you’ve done biometrics recently you’ll have to do it again for the PR and also pay twice. But I’m not totally clear on that.

Also does applying OPW count as maintained status?? Or would he have to apply for an extension for his visitor record before it expires in December?

Sorry for all the questions! I’ve tried to get through to immigration but can’t get through to a live agent lol!
No worries, that ls the main purpose of this forums, to obtain information from others :)
You can use that AOR letter to apply for the OWP.
Not sure regarding biometrics, for my PR application I had to do my biometrics because I didn't had them before due COVID (collection centers were closed and IRCC processed applications without them), hopefully somebody can answer that question.

Applying for OWP gives you implied status only if your current work permit still valid, otherwise you have to pay for restoration and most likely have to wait until they are done processing your application to keep working. I'm not sure for visitor visa, but most likely works the same, but definitely I advice you to search in forums or FAQ from IRCC website, you might find the answer for that.

EA0924

Aug 3, 2023
my application got retuned. I missed to sign the form. I already fixed it and resubmit it. How long usually it will take again? another 40 days?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just received AOR today (6 Sep 2023). Application submission date July 13, 2023.

My spouse and child is currently in visitor visa. valid upto november. should i apply for OWP or extension of visitor? can they stay after November if i apply for wife's OWP?