+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Mahbanoo

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hey all - Just wondering for those of you that have completed your citizenship test - How long was it before your tracker updated to show you had taken the test? I took mine online on Monday but logging into the tracker it still shows that my next step is to take the Citizenship Test and that it is waiting on me.

I assume that it takes a few days for someone to physically verify that I took the test? Just want to ensure this is the case otherwise I will follow up with them..
Hi,
I have the same problem. I passed the test 1 week ago, and still no update on my tracker. Today, I called IRCC and asked about my status, and they informed me everything was fine. The reason that the tracker is not updated yet might be because of the test window. Mine is September 11, so the agent said to wait until the end of my test window and check it again.

Reactions: Burks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey all - Just wondering for those of you that have completed your citizenship test - How long was it before your tracker updated to show you had taken the test? I took mine online on Monday but logging into the tracker it still shows that my next step is to take the Citizenship Test and that it is waiting on me.

I assume that it takes a few days for someone to physically verify that I took the test? Just want to ensure this is the case otherwise I will follow up with them..
Give it a week atleast.

Reactions: Burks

Kai78

Jun 29, 2023
Hi there, thank you for sharing, I am in the initial process of filling out my citizenship application. I just realized that my last temporary resident permit (work permit ) expired in July 2021 and I didn't renew or I don't remember if I renewed it before receiving my PR a month later, will this affect my citizenship application?
Cheers! :)

Candylane47

Jan 9, 2022
Tracker Accessible after AOR.
Current status:
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1674
Application: Family of 2
Application sent: Jul 20, 2023
AOR: Aug 17, 2023
Background check: Completed (Aug 29, 2023)
Language Skills: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Physical Presence: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Prohibitions: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Test Invite Letter: 7 September
Test Window: 2023-09-11 to 2023-10-02
Test Taken: N/A
Test Completed: N/A

Tracker Accessible after AOR.
Current status:
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1674
Application: Family of 2
Application sent: Jul 20, 2023
AOR: Aug 17, 2023
Background check: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Language Skills: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Physical Presence: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)
Prohibitions: In progress (Aug 18, 2023)

LargeLanguageModelBot

Sep 6, 2023
It is the same for both my husband and I - we got the AOR on the 31st and the email earlier today, but we are unable to access the tracker. Let’s keep each other updated.
No luck for me today. It seems that there might be some issues for me. And it seems that the only way I could reach out is via webform which I don't know would work in the end or not...

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Initial submission - June 28
Returned on July 31st (with less physical presence, even though it was 1100 days on submission)
Resubmitted on July 31st without any changes
AOR - waiting..

• Wow
Reactions: amosi

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Initial submission - June 28
Returned on July 31st (with less physical presence, even though it was 1100 days on submission)
Resubmitted on July 31st without any changes
AOR - waiting..
It’s strange !! Did you travel out of country during the eligibility ?!

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
It’s strange !! Did you travel out of country during the eligibility ?!
I did., it was just 30 days in the last 4 years. Physical presence calculation is very straight forward and it was showing clear green on the date of submission. I have no clue how IRCC decided that I didn't have enough physical presence. it was showing 1132 days on the date of resubmission.. Not sure how they will treat this time. ? waiting for AOR/ missing info mail.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
No luck for me today. It seems that there might be some issues for me. And it seems that the only way I could reach out is via webform which I don't know would work in the end or not...
Same for me and my husband :( I also think something is wrong because other people got access after 48 hours. I will send a WebForm but as you said I don’t know if someone will ever look at it. I see someone was able to call IRCC though

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
I did., it was just 30 days in the last 4 years. Physical presence calculation is very straight forward and it was showing clear green on the date of submission. I have no clue how IRCC decided that I didn't have enough physical presence. it was showing 1132 days on the date of resubmission.. Not sure how they will treat this time. ? waiting for AOR/ missing info mail.
Some folks have mentioned previously on this forum before: Even if your actual physical presence is greater than 1095 days but you did not declare "ALL" your travel or if your calculation is offsignificantly( under/over declared ), your application will be returned with the physical presence message you got. Could this apply to you?

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Some folks have mentioned previously on this forum before: Even if your actual physical presence is greater than 1095 days but you did not declare "ALL" your travel or if your calculation is offsignificantly( under/over declared ), your application will be returned with the physical presence message you got. Could this apply to you?
I went out of the country for 10 days in 2019 and 20 days in 2023 (only twice in the last 4 yrs).. declared both. I didn't have any other travels. not sure what went wrong.. waiting to see whether I will receive AOR this time.

LargeLanguageModelBot

Sep 6, 2023
OK here's my question:
- "you did not declare all your travel": this would happen at the LPP stage right, but not at the intake.
- " if your calculation is offsignificantly( under/over declared": for all online applications these are calculated automatically. People could submit their application regardless of the warning for sure; but for this guy in particular, the calculation is not off...

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
I applied 13th July and only got my AOR yesterday. No idea why it was so slow on my end.
Hi All,

Citizenship Application (Online)
Physical Presence:
Application: Single
Application Sent: July 21th, 2023
Delivered: July 21th, 2023
AOR: N/A
In Process: N/A
GU: N/A
Background Complete:N/A

I see that most of the people are getting their AORs within 30 days, but still no update for me.
I can see that it seems that the processing time for online applications is shorter in 2023. is that true?

Burks

Jul 16, 2023
Hi,
I have the same problem. I passed the test 1 week ago, and still no update on my tracker. Today, I called IRCC and asked about my status, and they informed me everything was fine. The reason that the tracker is not updated yet might be because of the test window. Mine is September 11, so the agent said to wait until the end of my test window and check it again.
Good to know - my test window isn't done until Sept. 25 so I guess I will wait until then..

Reactions: Mahbanoo

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
OK here's my question:
- "you did not declare all your travel": this would happen at the LPP stage right, but not at the intake.
- " if your calculation is offsignificantly( under/over declared": for all online applications these are calculated automatically. People could submit their application regardless of the warning for sure; but for this guy in particular, the calculation is not off...
I am not sure about the stage at which the application would be returned in case of a missed declaration. I just tried to convey what I recall reading on this forum.
The calculation off part should be read as: If the details submitted online do not match when compared against the cbsa records.