+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Recieved decision with refusal today with standard reasons that I won't leave Canada and funds not shown despite providing all the information.

Is there a wait period before which I can reapply ? The correspondence letter does not say anything about it. Only gives info on what I should take care of, if I decide to reapply.
Applying again without any big change I believe won’t be fruitful. Just relook your case and check funds details plus look for the wrong ties in home country, than apply

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Applying again without any big change I believe won’t be fruitful. Just relook your case and check funds details plus look for the wrong ties in home country, than apply
I understand that. Have got enough funds and have provided bank statements and details of immediate family (wife, kids and parents who are in India and not accompanying me for the trip).

Will take help of extended family/friends in Canada to apply for GCMS notes and then reapply.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Would like some advice and guidance if raising a reconsideration request in my case makes sense as I feel the VO has not gone through the additional documents, I had sent via webform. I don't want to rush into it and jeopardize future application.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Would like some advice and guidance if raising a reconsideration request in my case makes sense as I feel the VO has not gone through the additional documents, I had sent via webform. I don't want to rush into it and jeopardize future application.
You can submit reconsideration request via web form (it should be summited as soon as possible) if you thinks the refusal reasons are baseless and you had provided strong documents then u should request and counter... it won't effect your future application

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Applied on July 20 for parents from India. First time applying and no travel history.
Today got BVL and PPR. Good luck guys this stupid process needs only luck and I hope everyone gets!

vishnueesyr7

Dec 15, 2018
Applied on July 20 for parents from India. First time applying and no travel history.
Today got BVL and PPR. Good luck guys this stupid process needs only luck and I hope everyone gets!
If you don’t mind, could you pls state the reason for traveling? Also are they going to support themselves financially? I’m asking because my application is exactly the same as yours. Thanks in advance!

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Timeline:
July 20: Application
July 25: Biometrics completed
Dec 16: BVL & PPR

Reason for travelling: Visiting son and daughter in law as we have not met for more than 2 years and they are busy with work. I mentioned a 4 weeks trip I think.

Finance: Showed parents finance plus land document proof. And myself and spouse's employment letter in Canada
Wrote an invitation in Canada as a self declaration and got it notarized. Same thing a self declaration letter from parents in India and got it notarized there. Mentioned about taking responsibility of making sure they leave in time, will follow all rules and god forbid anything happens then we take care etc.I learned the above thing from someone this year and that probably adds more power to your application.

Also sharing one part of the letter, may be useful for ppl applying in future:
I XX (D.O.B: XX) and XX (D.O.B: XX) holder of Indian Passports PP1 and PP2 respectively and currently residing at XX address, are biological parents to Sponsor1 and parents in law to Sponsor2 residing at XX address in canada.

SOLEMNLY STATE AND DECLARE AS UNDER :
1. That we would like to visit my XX and XX residing in Canada in XX XX for a month.
2. I, XX is a (write about your employment or retirement).
3. I am self funded and have XX CAD for our trip to Canada. And have provided bank statement and bank letter as proof of funds for the same.
4. XX is my spouse, a homemaker and is dependent on me for finance.
5. We are double vaccinated and have provided the proof of vaccination.
6. We will not overstay the visas and do not have any plans to settle in Canada.
7. We will not become a public charge in Canada or will not be a burden to the government of Canada or the province of XX by any means.
8. That I make this affidavit in support of an application for issuance of a visitor visa and for no other improper purpose.

And I make this solemn declaration believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath. I respectfully request you to grant us visitor visa.

Thank you in advance for considering our temporary resident visa application to Canada so we can spend
some time together in Canada.

Reactions: Omondi M

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Timeline:
July 20: Application
July 25: Biometrics completed
Dec 16: BVL & PPR

Reason for travelling: Visiting son and daughter in law as we have not met for more than 2 years and they are busy with work. I mentioned a 4 weeks trip I think.

Finance: Showed parents finance plus land document proof. And myself and spouse's employment letter in Canada
Wrote an invitation in Canada as a self declaration and got it notarized. Same thing a self declaration letter from parents in India and got it notarized there. Mentioned about taking responsibility of making sure they leave in time, will follow all rules and god forbid anything happens then we take care etc.I learned the above thing from someone this year and that probably adds more power to your application.

Also sharing one part of the letter, may be useful for ppl applying in future:
I XX (D.O.B: XX) and XX (D.O.B: XX) holder of Indian Passports PP1 and PP2 respectively and currently residing at XX address, are biological parents to Sponsor1 and parents in law to Sponsor2 residing at XX address in canada.

SOLEMNLY STATE AND DECLARE AS UNDER :
1. That we would like to visit my XX and XX residing in Canada in XX XX for a month.
2. I, XX is a (write about your employment or retirement).
3. I am self funded and have XX CAD for our trip to Canada. And have provided bank statement and bank letter as proof of funds for the same.
4. XX is my spouse, a homemaker and is dependent on me for finance.
5. We are double vaccinated and have provided the proof of vaccination.
6. We will not overstay the visas and do not have any plans to settle in Canada.
7. We will not become a public charge in Canada or will not be a burden to the government of Canada or the province of XX by any means.
8. That I make this affidavit in support of an application for issuance of a visitor visa and for no other improper purpose.

And I make this solemn declaration believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath. I respectfully request you to grant us visitor visa.

Thank you in advance for considering our temporary resident visa application to Canada so we can spend
some time together in Canada.
Hi Vigneshwaran, did you apply through gckey or new portal?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I applied for the visitor visa for my parents and shown CAD 73000 funds but the visitor visa was rejected due to the following reason.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

1) I have shown one month stay.
2) My parents are retired.
3) Both my and me are Canadian citizens.

What changes should I make and How long should I wait to reapply?

What are the chances for approval for people who reapply?

Hkaur758

Feb 20, 2023
Applied end of July 2022, still waiting portal shows below status since August 2022 with no changes.
Currently, processing time has reduced from earlier pea of 155 days to 99 days still old files like our crossed 200+ with no response.
When called IRCC in canada they say call Visa office in India with no response.

Please advise what should be done, should we wait for or ask for an update on webform?

I had COPR and was in india when i applied for my mother, now i have reached in canada and got my job and PR status, should i update the same as well with new affidavit?

Review of eligibility

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

billoko19

Jan 25, 2023
Applied end of July 2022, still waiting portal shows below status since August 2022 with no changes.
Currently, processing time has reduced from earlier pea of 155 days to 99 days still old files like our crossed 200+ with no response.
When called IRCC in canada they say call Visa office in India with no response.

Please advise what should be done, should we wait for or ask for an update on webform?

I had COPR and was in india when i applied for my mother, now i have reached in canada and got my job and PR status, should i update the same as well with new affidavit?

Review of eligibility

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
You will get soon. Just be patient, Mine was approved yesterday after 7months 20- days waiting got approved yesterday.