+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Visitor Visa Applications

vishnueesyr7

Dec 15, 2018
TRV for my parents has been rejected stating the generic reasons like:

1. Significant family ties (yes they are my parents but my mother is a government employee and my father is retired. They can’t stay with me for more than couple months max)
2. Financial status is not satisfactory (In the application I mentioned that I’d be supporting them financially and I work full time in Canada and earning enough to support 4)
3. Reason is not a valid for temporary stay (they wanted to be with us during October to November to be with my and wife’s birthdays and general tourism)

I have seen plenty of other similar parent applications approved but this is frustrating for me. Is there any chance for an appeal in this case? If not where do I go from here? Reapply after few months or Super Visa perhaps?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
TRV for my parents has been rejected stating the generic reasons like:

1. Significant family ties (yes they are my parents but my mother is a government employee and my father is retired. They can’t stay with me for more than couple months max)
2. Financial status is not satisfactory (In the application I mentioned that I’d be supporting them financially and I work full time in Canada and earning enough to support 4)
3. Reason is not a valid for temporary stay (they wanted to be with us during October to November to be with my and wife’s birthdays and general tourism)

I have seen plenty of other similar parent applications approved but this is frustrating for me. Is there any chance for an appeal in this case? If not where do I go from here? Reapply after few months or Super Visa perhaps?
When did you apply ? and from where?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Has IRCC stopped processing application submitted using GCKey portal ? I am seeing more and faster decisions for applications submitted via New portal, offlate. Anyone who has submitted via GCKey and got decision, please share.

litsoblogs

Oct 31, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
Canada is a huge, stunning country with friendly people, amazing cities, and unique scenery. The Great White North, which stretches over 9,000 kilometres (5,600 miles) from the icy tundra of the Yukon to the untamed beaches of the east coast, is a large country with something to offer everyone.

Canada is commonly left out of many round-the-world trips due to its proximity to the US, poor flight connections, and lack of accessible, affordable cross-country travel options.

They are, however, sorely lacking in many areas! Canada is one of the best countries in the world for RVing and road trips since there are so many outdoor activities available for people of all ability levels. Backpackers should definitely visit Canada.

I adore my northern neighbour and consider Canada to be a truly uncharted tourist destination. After all, there is a reason why Canadians are loved by people all over the world.

Finally, getting a working vacation visa is straightforward, enabling you to stay longer and work while travelling (there are huge seasonal industries across the country).

This Canada travel guide can help you plan your trip, reduce costs, and make the most of your time in this warm and inviting natural paradise.

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Has IRCC stopped processing application submitted using GCKey portal ? I am seeing more and faster decisions for applications submitted via New portal, offlate. Anyone who has submitted via GCKey and got decision, please share.
response this me on GCkey is slow. Better to use New Portal.

Stutterer

Nov 23, 2022
Hello dears,

I have just received BVL Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request on my GC Key account. In the Final Decision section it says "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details." But in the Review of Eligibility section it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and in Background Check it still says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Also in the Application Status section it still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

I am a bit confused now - why these sections have not been completed/changed if I received passport request letter? Can anyone assist with this question please? Thank you!

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hello dears,

I have just received BVL Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request on my GC Key account. In the Final Decision section it says "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details." But in the Review of Eligibility section it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." and in Background Check it still says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Also in the Application Status section it still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

I am a bit confused now - why these sections have not been completed/changed if I received passport request letter? Can anyone assist with this question please? Thank you!
Congratulations.. no problem it happens with my wife 5 days ago. However my kids status was showing approved her was in process but BVL and passport request was attached. Next day it was updated. So no need to worry just send your passport for stamping along with passport letter

Stutterer

Nov 23, 2022
Congratulations.. no problem it happens with my wife 5 days ago. However my kids status was showing approved her was in process but BVL and passport request was attached. Next day it was updated. So no need to worry just send your passport for stamping along with passport letter
Thank you very much, you have calmed me down. Good luck to everyone here with their applications!

Reactions: Sohaib04

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Cannot withdraw the application now that it has passed 175 days. Will wait, no other option.
U have an option to apply through IRCC portal as well. Don’t withdraw that application from GCKey. My family applications were stuck since sept 2020 (in review of eligibility) I applied through new portal without doing anything with GCkey on Nov 17 got passport req on Dec 05
My suggestion is “ take a chance”

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
U have an option to apply through IRCC portal as well. Don’t withdraw that application from GCKey. My family applications were stuck since sept 2020 (in review of eligibility) I applied through new portal without doing anything with GCkey on Nov 17 got passport req on Dec 05
My suggestion is “ take a chance”
Applications submitted before 7th Sept 2021 were asked to reapply again. So it was favourable in your case. I applied in June end this year. I have to withdraw and reapply. There will be no refund.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
No refund in my case as well
Recieved decision with refusal today with standard reasons that I won't leave Canada and funds not shown despite providing all the information.

Is there a wait period before which I can reapply ? The correspondence letter does not say anything about it. Only gives info on what I should take care of, if I decide to reapply.