+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Among us who have LPP completed in June 6 or 8, has anyone received an Oath update or invite yet? I don't see one in the previous posts.

And there are no ceremonies scheduled yet after July 1. I'm waiting on this site to update this week - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx
Partner’s application got LPP complete on June 6 (updated on the tracker June 8). No updates since then. Processing office - Scarborough.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I guess it could vary on how far you are from the office that conducted the ceremony. It could be anywhere from 2 days to 20 days. I got mine in 2 days but I also live 15 mins from the ceremony office. it really depends on Canada Post.
Thank you for your response. I guess I’ll just wait till Monday

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

Hallo1&

Oct 20, 2022
How long is it meant to take to get the certificate in the mail? My ceremony was last week Tuesday and I remember the official said she was going to send it the next day. Is it too early to call IRCC?
Hi, do you get email reply back from the office once you send them an email with oath form attachment?

Reactions: Yoruba girl

ropetech

Nov 21, 2019
I just got my certificate a few days ago and here's my final timeline :)

Squamish, BC (1, online application) - Jul 13, 2022
AOR - Jul 19, 2022
Background complete - Dec 5, 2022
Test invite - Dec 12, 2022
Test dates: Dec 19 - Jan 9
Test taken: Dec 19, 2022
Test completed in the tracker: Dec 29, 2022
LPP: March 15, 2023
Scheduled for an oath (Update in tracker on April 1, 2023)
Oath day: April 24, 2023

My ceremony got cancelled due to the strike then got rescheduled.
Rescheduled for an oath (Update in tracker on May 3, 2023)
New Oath day: May 17, 2023

I was going to travel a week after my new oath date, so I asked them to reschedule and sent proof that I will be out of the country right after doing my oath ceremony. The day I returned to Canada (May 29, 2023), I emailed them again with proof of being back in Canada. That day I got rescheduled for another oath date!

Rescheduled for an oath (Update in tracker on May 29, 2023)
New (final) Oath day: June 13, 2023
I emailed my signed oath form literally seconds after the ceremony ended; might be the reason why I got my certificate so quick.
Oath status updated to complete and application closed: June 19, 2023 (Update in tracker on June 21, 2023)
Received certificate in my mailbox on June 22, 2023.

Reactions: MelVan
Apr 23, 2023
Hello everyone!
In my GCMS notes, the status of LPP is Not Started and there is a due date mentioned (2023/07/24)

Does this mean that LPP will be marked complete by that date?
thank you!

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Out of an abundance of caution, I've uploaded my boarding passes to show proof of departure and proof of return via the webform. Now it's a case of crossing fingers and toes that I don't have to wait too long.

I did a search on the forum and there is indeed extreme variability in the time people have to wait for rescheduling - a couple of weeks to several months! Let's hope it doesn't go on too much longer for us!
An update from me in relation to rescheduling: my application history was updated on 22 June 2023 to "Citizenship Oath: Not started".

I hope that means someone looked at my file and a rescheduled ceremony isn't too far away. Fingers crossed!

spna

Jun 14, 2019
An update from me in relation to rescheduling: my application history was updated on 22 June 2023 to "Citizenship Oath: Not started".

I hope that means someone looked at my file and a rescheduled ceremony isn't too far away. Fingers crossed!
I also had to reschedule my oath because I was outside, I just came back 2 days ago through land border. I have send email to CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca about being back. I don't have a proof since i came through land border, but i was able to get I-94 record ( USA entry exit records). I have attached that in the email.
1) is that enough? or i should order travel history from CBSA?
2) what are the other ways we can contact IRCC to reschedule the date?
3) How long does it take to reschedule? I need to travel back in 6 weeks.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
I also had to reschedule my oath because I was outside, I just came back 2 days ago through land border. I have send email to CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca about being back. I don't have a proof since i came through land border, but i was able to get I-94 record ( USA entry exit records). I have attached that in the email.
1) is that enough? or i should order travel history from CBSA?
2) what are the other ways we can contact IRCC to reschedule the date?
3) How long does it take to reschedule? I need to travel back in 6 weeks.
1. The I-94 record should be enough to prove exit/entry. Remember though it is not just about proving your absence - the reason for the absence may be scrutinised. Looking at the reports from folks on this forum, most of the time (when on the face of the explanation it seems a reasonable excuse) it is not scrutinised and the oath date is simply re-scheduled. But there are one or two reports on this forum of people being given final notices to appear after providing their reasons for needing the rescheduling. A final notice to appear is just that; final, and the oath date is very unlikely to be rescheduled if you get a final notice.

2. None of which I am aware. My oath invitation said to write to a specific email address (at IRCC Vancouver, where I am located) to request re-scheduling. That is what I did.

3. There are no official published standards for rescheduling that I can find. Based on searching this forum, the range of rescheduling times is from a couple of weeks to several months. Like so many things with IRCC, it is a bit of a lottery and the exercise of administrative decision maker discretion in rescheduling an oath date is completely opaque. I assume it depends on matters such as balancing the number of people in the queue for rescheduling with the number of people in the queue for their first oath date.

While there are reports on this forum of people being able to reschedule more than once, that strikes me as a risky proposition. If I had my time over again, knowing what I now know and in light of the time it has taken for me to be rescheduled, I would have cut short my trip abroad (I was away only for one week) and raced back to Canada immediately after my father-in-law's funeral to take the oath (I think I would have made it back just in time).

Reactions: spna

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019
Had citizenship ceremony today with 99 others. Scarborough Office.

It took 90 mins.

My time line:

Online Applicant July 2nd,2022
Background done Nov 30, 2022
Citizenship test invitation Jan 27,2023
Citizenship test taken Feb 22,2023
LPP done June 1st
Oath date given on June 7th
Oath email on June 15th
Oath taken on June 27th.