July 2022 Citizenship Applications

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
That's terrific news @SiaRia.

I am beginning to regret asking that my oath ceremony be rescheduled. It's been three weeks since I asked for the rescheduling and not a peep from IRCC. My tracker still shows I have an oath ceremony on 27 May (which of course is now passed). I'd be on exactly the same timetable as you for my certificate and passport application if I'd not been overseas that week.

On a more general note, does anyone have any insights into how long rescheduling of an oath ceremony takes, or is it just a random amount of time?
Some of the responses i got from other users ranged from 2 weeks to 3 months.

I'm on the same boat, got the oath in February, but already had a vacation booked and didn't change travel plans. Followed instructions and asked of oath to be postponed, then sent IRCC an email with boarding passes as proof of return. It has been +4 months and the only response i got was that they cannot provide timelines and i should monitor my email and wait until a new date is scheduled.

Reactions: MelVan

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019

Timeline:

Applied on July 2nd, 2022
AOR July 7th, 2022
Background check Nov 30th, 2022
Citizenship test email Jan 27th,2023 window, Feb 3 to Feb 23 from Scarborough
Test taken Feb 21,2023
Test completed Feb 23,2023
Ghost update March 2nd,2023
LPP completed May 31st,2023, Updated on June 2nd, 2023.
Oath: not started yet.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Some of the responses i got from other users ranged from 2 weeks to 3 months.

I'm on the same boat, got the oath in February, but already had a vacation booked and didn't change travel plans. Followed instructions and asked of oath to be postponed, then sent IRCC an email with boarding passes as proof of return. It has been +4 months and the only response i got was that they cannot provide timelines and i should monitor my email and wait until a new date is scheduled.
Thanks. Looks like we'll just have to wait.

arfavier

Feb 22, 2018
My wife is having her oath ceremony tomorrow. How does she apply for the e certificate urgently for a federal job?

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I see it's marked as complete in ECAS but it is still In progress in tracker. Usually it will take a few days before we see the updates in the tracker.
MY status in tracker is closed now. Did you receive the certificate?

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
My wife is having her oath ceremony tomorrow. How does she apply for the e certificate urgently for a federal job?
I think e-certificate is only for people who applied after January 4, 2023. While you are checking in to the ceremony, you can let the IRCC office know that you have an urgent requirement. They ask if you have any immediate travel needs. This could be a good enough reason to expedite the certificate.

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Oh okay.. My MP told me my processing office is in Niagara falls. I also got the test invite from the Niagara office. I am guessing the Niagara office is overwhelmed and probably transferring apps to a different centre, thats my guess but i will call IRCC again on Monday.
I got my GCMS notes yesterday for the one i requested on 24th May. It seems the file has not been allocated to any officer and is under transfer verification at MISS office.

Application Status Reason:- TRF Verification

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I got my GCMS notes yesterday for the one i requested on 24th May. It seems the file has not been allocated to any officer and is under transfer verification at MISS office.

Application Status Reason:- TRF Verification
My husband's app has a pretty similar timeline. His app also got transferred to MISS office. Do you know the date for which the GCMS info corresponds to? I.e., is this the status as of today? Or does this correspond to the date you ordered it? Also, what does TRF verification mean? Is this the language verification?

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019
update:

Tracker account updated to have Oath on 27th June.
LPP on June 2nd,2023.

Looked up upcoming ceremonies, 27th seems to be an online one.

Can I request them to have an in person ceremony somehow?

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
My husband's app has a pretty similar timeline. His app also got transferred to MISS office. Do you know the date for which the GCMS info corresponds to? I.e., is this the status as of today? Or does this correspond to the date you ordered it? Also, what does TRF verification mean? Is this the language verification?
Status as of 31st May 2023.

TRF- I am assuming transfer verification. Not sure; it's my guess.

Reactions: Sheru86

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019