+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

gogisk

Dec 23, 2017
Congrats I also attended the OATH ceremony on May 31st. I do not however see update in my tracker account today. So, I guess it takes few days for closure. Do you see any update in tracker?
I see it's marked as complete in ECAS but it is still In progress in tracker. Usually it will take a few days before we see the updates in the tracker.

Jc4mnc

Dec 22, 2022
Final step in the citizenship journey, completed.
Attended Virtual ceremony today, it was very well organized, seamless and pretty quickly completed in 90 minutes.

Application Type - Paper
Submitted - July 15, 2022
Processing office - Scarborough
Test status marked Complete - Nov 1
Physical Presence, Language & Prohibition - Feb 15, 2023
Oath Ceremony - May 1, 2023 (cancelled on Apr, 27)
Oath Ceremony (rescheduled) - May 31
Did you have the opportunity to invite family/guests to your ceremony? I mentioned the need for time off to my manager and she excitedly asked if she can attend and Cheer for me

gogisk

Dec 23, 2017
Did you have the opportunity to invite family/guests to your ceremony? I mentioned the need for time off to my manager and she excitedly asked if she can attend and Cheer for me
I did, a couple of friends joined us. Just that they had to stay outside camera's view.

I saw a few others in the virtual ceremony who had their friends and family in camera's view and had to explain to the admin/clerk while naming them with their assigned seat numbers that they are taking the oath, and others are just to cheer. It was perfectly ok.

SiaRia

Star Member
Dec 9, 2022
I want to thank you all! It has been an incredible journey, and mine ended last week. I applied for my passport and currently waiting for that to arrive.
Please feel free to ask your questions, and if I know the answer, will try to provide one.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I want to thank you all! It has been an incredible journey, and mine ended last week. I applied for my passport and currently waiting for that to arrive.
Please feel free to ask your questions, and if I know the answer, will try to provide one.
Congratulations

Reactions: SiaRia

EAdahlia

Jul 10, 2022
Congratulations!!! How long did it take to get your certificate?

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Congratulations! I will be attending a virtual ceremony tomorrow.
How long did it take for you to receive the citizenship certificate? Did you apply for the passport in-person or via mail? I was wondering if you need an appointment for the passport application or walk-in is ok.

AS1218

Jun 5, 2023
here is my timline:

applied online July 8th 2022
Dec 5th 2022 BG done
March 13th 2023 Test done
LPP Pending
Oath Pending

Anyone with similar timelines. Applied from London Ontario.

SiaRia

Star Member
Dec 9, 2022
Congratulations! I will be attending a virtual ceremony tomorrow.
How long did it take for you to receive the citizenship certificate? Did you apply for the passport in-person or via mail? I was wondering if you need an appointment for the passport application or walk-in is ok.
You receive it in a few days. I applied in person for the passport. You don't need an appointment, but you need to go there early.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
here is my timline:

applied online July 8th 2022
Dec 5th 2022 BG done
March 13th 2023 Test done
LPP Pending
Oath Pending

Anyone with similar timelines. Applied from London Ontario.
Almost identical timeline

I assume your office is Niagara Falls (NGF) ?