+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2022 Citizenship Applications

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Hello Folks,
Well it is two Months post my exam , no update on any fields expect BG complete and Exam complete,,,,,But I have one worry,, my Indian Passport is due for renewal in two weeks , Please do I need to apply for renewal as I wont wont be needing it after Grant of Citizeship Please can some one help ?
Renew of you want to travel outside canada , else wait. You never know when will they process - now that they are on strike !

marineking

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Has anybody, who got the Oath invite, emailed them asking to not use your image and name for commercials and third parties? I want to tell them I don't consent but I also don't wanna delay the application because of that.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anybody, who got the Oath invite, emailed them asking to not use your image and name for commercials and third parties? I want to tell them I don't consent but I also don't wanna delay the application because of that.
They don't take your pics or share your info if you haven't given consent in the application.

marineking

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
They don't take your pics or share your info if you haven't given consent in the application.
I asked because the invitation letter I received contains the following:

2. By participating in this video oath ceremony [...] You also give permission to allow IRCC to take photographs, video and/or sound recording during the
video oath ceremony of yourself, your minor* child(ren), if applicable, and any minor* child(ren) for whom you have also made an application, to release or use them in its future electronic or printed communications products (at any time, without compensation or notice). The images will be the exclusive property of the Government of Canada. Photographs, video and/or sound recording of the video oath ceremony may be taken by media or may be shared with media by the Government of Canada.

But if you're saying they ask for final consent verbally during the Zoom call, then that's great! Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I asked because the invitation letter I received contains the following:

2. By participating in this video oath ceremony [...] You also give permission to allow IRCC to take photographs, video and/or sound recording during the
video oath ceremony of yourself, your minor* child(ren), if applicable, and any minor* child(ren) for whom you have also made an application, to release or use them in its future electronic or printed communications products (at any time, without compensation or notice). The images will be the exclusive property of the Government of Canada. Photographs, video and/or sound recording of the video oath ceremony may be taken by media or may be shared with media by the Government of Canada.

But if you're saying they ask for final consent verbally during the Zoom call, then that's great! Thanks
For the above you may have to talk to the Oath officer on oath date or reply to the same email to ask about consent.

Reactions: marineking

its_msg_25

Sep 18, 2018
United States of America
AOR Received.
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
UPDATE
Application submission Date - July 7, 2022.
Application type (paper based/ Online) - Online.
City - Ajax.
Days in Canada - 1103
AOR - July 11, 2022
Background verification Completed - Nov 30, 2022
Test invite (SCR) - Jan 26, 2023 (test window: February 3, 2023 to February 23, 2023)
Test taken - Feb 3, 2023
Test updated - Feb 6, 2023
Last Update - Mar 2, 2023

Language, Prohibitions, Physical presence : In progress
Citizenship ceremony : Not started
Language, Prohibitions, Physical presence Completed : Apr 14, 2023 (updated Apr 18)

Citizenship ceremony : Not started

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Congratulations..pls what’s your timeline?
Can't remember the exact times of everything off the top of my head, but something like this:

App started: Jul 8
Test taken: Early Jan, can't remember exact date
LPP complete: Feb 27
Oath: 17th Apr

So...9 months. Remarkably quick

Reactions: Sholl

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......