App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Incorrect- you do have to notify IRCC if you leave Canada for more than 2 weeks, and is explicitly mentioned in the application.
This is how it goes- until the moment an applicant is called upon for the oath, checks are done from a criminality/security (also called as prohibitions).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

Please see here where it says you have to notify if we leave the country for over 2 weeks in a row.
Thank you for posting this! I am currently on a 3 week trip to the United States to visit some family and I had not noticed or forgotten this detail.

Reactions: Jakev

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi, everyone.
I have a question regarding fingerprinting. It seems it's not applicable to everyone, I have my background check saying completed but I've never got fingerprint request.
Can someone clarify?
Thank you

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
One more quick question.
The passport I applied with has already expired and I've already got the new one. Should I update them and send the new passport scans?

Thanks again

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi, everyone.
I have a question regarding fingerprinting. It seems it's not applicable to everyone, I have my background check saying completed but I've never got fingerprint request.
Can someone clarify?
Thank you
Not everyone gets a FP request. My understanding is if your BGC is complete then they wont ask for it.

Reactions: SergeiK

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
One more quick question.
The passport I applied with has already expired and I've already got the new one. Should I update them and send the new passport scans?

Thanks again
Yes you need to submit a webform along with the scan copy of the new passport

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
May be a day to a week.

I could not find you in the tracker, is your BGC completed? If you don't mind me asking, What is your timeline please?
BGC is supposed to be finished before? I didn't know.
Timeline: Submission July 7, 2021, AOR Oct 5, 2021, Ghost update March 1, 2022. City: Vancouver.
No idea about the rest, everything in process in online tracker.

Reactions: baimmeb

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
BGC is supposed to be finished before? I didn't know.
Timeline: Submission July 7, 2021, AOR Oct 5, 2021, Ghost update March 1, 2022. City: Vancouver.
No idea about the rest, everything in process in online tracker.
Most of them get BGC complete followed by test invite. I have also seen a few people on this forum who got test invite first followed by BGC. So, it totally depends on case by case basis and the processing office I guess.

Its good to see some movement on your file though. Hope you get the test invite soon. Congrats!

Reactions: Hopeful007

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
A relative of mine who applied July 2 with the online application got their AOR today.
Got test invite today.

One more quick question.

Thanks again
Yes you need to submit a webform along with the scan copy of the new passport
No, it is not necessary to send them the new passport over webform, but if you already did, it does not help or harm your file at all. They will ask for all pages when the file is about to be finalized.

Last edited:

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Got test invite today.

No, it is not necessary to send them the new passport over webform, but if you already did, it does not help or harm your file at all. They will ask for all pages when the file is about to be finalized.
Thank you for your answer.
I ended up sending them this question over the web form.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thank you for your answer.
I ended up sending them this question over the web form.
I heard that’s no longer the norm from June 2021 onward as they’ve been asking applicants to submit all pages of their passport at the time of application.