+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Did anyone had experience taking the oath with a minor? My son is 5 y.o, what is he expected to do there? Not even sure he can sit 1.5-2 hours in front of the computer :)
It is not mandatory for children to attend the ceremony. So, you can choose not to have him with you when you attend.

Congratulations and good luck!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello forum members

I am September 2021 Citizenship Online Applicant. In my case only Test is completed (almost a month ago) and everything else is in progress. No fingerprints requested and no idea about background check. Has anyone experienced this ? Please let me know. My timeline is in my signature.

All the best

Regards
I'm a June 2021 applicant and in a similar situation as you. My Background check was completed before I received the test invite last month. My test was updated to complete on Friday. Everything else is in progress and Citizenship ceremony not started.

Hope this helps. All the best.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I'm a June 2021 applicant and in a similar situation as you. My Background check was completed before I received the test invite last month. My test was updated to complete on Friday. Everything else is in progress and Citizenship ceremony not started.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Thank you for the reply.

How much gap between test and background check to get completed ? Also were you asked to submit fingerprints ?

Regards

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thank you for the reply.

How much gap between test and background check to get completed ? Also were you asked to submit fingerprints ?

Regards
Our Background test was completed 2-3 months before my spouse and I received the invite for the test. And no, neither of us have been asked to provide fingerprints yet.

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
Please provide me with advice on the ensuing application:

Place: Toronto
July 2021: Online application
AOR - October 13, 2022

On my tracker, nothing has changed since that time; everything is still in progress. Additionally, when I called IRCC to inquire about my office, the representative informed me that it was in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Does this imply that my application has not yet been forwarded to the Toronto office or that the Sydney office is still able to handle it? anyone else with a comparable timeline? Is this delay typical or am I the exception in this case?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Please provide me with advice on the ensuing application:

Place: Toronto
July 2021: Online application
AOR - October 13, 2022

On my tracker, nothing has changed since that time; everything is still in progress. Additionally, when I called IRCC to inquire about my office, the representative informed me that it was in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Does this imply that my application has not yet been forwarded to the Toronto office or that the Sydney office is still able to handle it? anyone else with a comparable timeline? Is this delay typical or am I the exception in this case?
did you asked them about which one is your local office? did you request GCMS notes?
You should get updates.

Becez

Jun 12, 2022
Congratulations!

And how much time did it take for all the fields to get updated after your citizenship test was updated?

I'm asking to get some idea about the wait ahead of us - my spouse and I took the test last month and it was updated to complete on July 21.

Thanks and regards.
Type: Paper
Application : Single
Application submitted: July 7, 2021
Delivered originally on: July 9, 2021
AOR: October 4 , 2021
In progress: November 22, 2021
Background check: November 24, 2021
Test invite: March 4, 2022
Test written: March 11, 2022
Test complete: March 18, 2022
Prohibition, physical presence and language skills: June 21, 2022
Decision made on ecas: June 22, 2022
Ceremony invitation update: July 21
Ceremony Date: August 11, 2022

Reactions: Wandering Mind

firefly187

Jul 28, 2022
My oath is on August 16. I am supposed to travel in Sept. Is there any way to expedite the mailing of the citizenship certificate?

TheBatMann

May 26, 2022
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone, does anyone know why my application is not progressing at all after Citizenship test?

Paper application, family of 2.
Ontario
Application sent - 31st July
AOR - Sep 13th
Background complete - Dec 3rd
Citizenship Test Scheduled - Jan 15th
Citizenship Test Complete - Feb 4th
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language - In Progress
Oath ceremony started - NA
Oath ceremony invite received -NA
Oath ceremony done - NA

After 4th Feb when Citizenship test pass updated there is no update at all, usually they say within 3 months oath ceremony invite comes, but in my case there is absolutely no update.
Finally... today I received invite for oath ceremony on 11th Aug.
There was no update after test results and all of sudden received invite. I used to check status every week and there was no update till now.
Thanks everyone for support, hope all of you receive invite soon...