+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello forum members

I am September 2021 Citizenship Online Applicant. In my case only Test is completed (almost a month ago) and everything else is in progress. No fingerprints requested and no idea about background check. Has anyone experienced this ? Please let me know. My timeline is in my signature.

All the best

Regards

Reactions: Wandering Mind

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I had a client of mine an e-application submitted in July 2021 and got DM mid-july 2022. No oath letter yet. I assume it will be scheduled for September, and the letter to be sent out in mid-August. ( I suspect it's related to passport Canada backlogs and the claim they made that over 80% of applicants are applying for the first passport)
That would make sense, and it has also crossed my mind that IRCC might be delaying oaths to ease the passport backlogs, as well as maybe more immigration officers being on vacation now that summer is in full swing. However, it seems that the vast majority of people are still getting oath invitations within less than a month after DM, some still getting it the next day, while I'm one of very few who applied in mid 2021 and have been waiting over a month and a half since DM with nothing. The others who have been waiting for months (including since December 2021) seem to be 2020 applicants who have been severely delayed overall. Makes me worry that there is something seriously wrong with my application that they are going back on and delaying the oath just for me this late in the process, when I supposedly had already passed everything.

• Wow

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Quick update: On tracker Citizenship ceremony: In Progress ( As of 21 July). I saw Oath's scheduled message on the tracker on 05/06 July but it was Not Started at that time.

FZ6

Jun 6, 2018
That would make sense, and it has also crossed my mind that IRCC might be delaying oaths to ease the passport backlogs, as well as maybe more immigration officers being on vacation now that summer is in full swing. However, it seems that the vast majority of people are still getting oath invitations within less than a month after DM, some still getting it the next day, while I'm one of very few who applied in mid 2021 and have been waiting over a month and a half since DM with nothing. The others who have been waiting for months (including since December 2021) seem to be 2020 applicants who have been severely delayed overall. Makes me worry that there is something seriously wrong with my application that they are going back on and delaying the oath just for me this late in the process, when I supposedly had already passed everything.
I'd like to think that IRCC has no affordance to delay anything extra for the passport office as they are in a tough spot themselves to begin with.

And the passport backlog seems to be cooling off - https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canadian-passport-applications

ashbak

May 16, 2019
Hi Ashbak,
Congrats on the update.

Was the status of Language/Prohibition/Presence Completed on July12th or was it updated on the portal on July12th? What are the dates on the Application History section.
Language/Prohibiations/Presence marked completed on July 12th, oath ceremony updates on July 13 but everything updated on the portal on July 14

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Finally, I've been scheduled for Oath ceremony for August 11. Updated July 21, exactly one month after all other fields got updated to complete.
Congratulations!

And how much time did it take for all the fields to get updated after your citizenship test was updated?

I'm asking to get some idea about the wait ahead of us - my spouse and I took the test last month and it was updated to complete on July 21.

Thanks and regards.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi folks, I did the test end of April , since this date no updates at all ? how long does it take normally between the test and every thing turns completed ?
It took a month for our citizenship test to be updated as "complete" on July 21. Everything else (except Background) is still in progress and Citizenship ceremony is of course not started.

From what other June-July 2021 applicants are sharing on this forum, it seems it is taking anywhere between a month to 6 months for everything to be updated as complete after taking the test.

All the best!

Reactions: Ana.me