+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Abdii1996

Oct 3, 2018
IRCC discriminates against certain group of people. I have looked into it closely through different social media platforms and even talked to some of them privately. Your name, religion and country of origin matters when it comes to IRCC, but nobody says as it is.

I applied in July 2, 2021 and yet my file is not moving nowhere while some people who applied in August, 2021 are getting invited for oath.

When I call IRCC, the agent tells me "nowadays, applications take longer up to 27 months". Well, what about all these people doing tests, BGC completed, oath invited and we applied in the same month/year? I know many of people jump in and say "everyone's case is different". Yes, each case is different but why only certain group of people's applications are delayed?

* Since I came Canada, I did not travel at all. I work and pay taxes, I graduated from college here, and no criminal record whatsoever!

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
IRCC discriminates against certain group of people. I have looked into it closely through different social media platforms and even talked to some of them privately. Your name, religion and country of origin matters when it comes to IRCC, but nobody says as it is.

I applied in July 2, 2021 and yet my file is not moving nowhere while some people who applied in August, 2021 are getting invited for oath.

When I call IRCC, the agent tells me "nowadays, applications take longer up to 27 months". Well, what about all these people doing tests, BGC completed, oath invited and we applied in the same month/year? I know many of people jump in and say "everyone's case is different". Yes, each case is different but why only certain group of people's applications are delayed?

* Since I came Canada, I did not travel at all. I work and pay taxes, I graduated from college here, and no criminal record whatsoever!
Which group or community are you alluding to that has been subject to more scrutiny? Every nation does it as part of their security system checks and nationalities certain countries are subject to more scrutiny than others.

Svr

Jun 3, 2022
Hi
I have something strange. Can anyone explain. I did my citizenship test in April and still my background verified shows in progress. I thought after background verification they ask for test.

Type: Online
Physical presence: 1,105
Application: Single
Application submitted: 2 July 2021
AOR: 29 Sept 2021
Schedule for Citizenship test: 8 April 2022
Citizenship test competed: 25 April 2022

Please add to the spreadsheet.

HarveyKeck

Aug 24, 2020
Hi
I have something strange. Can anyone explain. I did my citizenship test in April and still my background verified shows in progress. I thought after background verification they ask for test.
That’s not unusual. Some people (myself included) took the test before the background check is completed.

Reactions: baimmeb and Svr

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

Yes, some countries and individuals require more vetting, but that doesn't mean that every person from that country is vetted the same way. Additionally, you can't blame IRCC for doing their due diligence. After all, unfortunately, some areas of the world are higher risk. If IRCC miss something and down the line some bad event takes place all the blame will come on IRCC for missing some red flags.

So, tl;dr be patient and hope that yours comes through quickly.

Reactions: Jakev and thuong

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019

Not at all but some countries need more vetting, I applied with my daughter in the same day ,same courier package and she is done her oathe and I am still waiting!

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Hi

Type: Online
Physical presence: 1,105
Application: Single
Application submitted: 2 July 2021
AOR: 29 Sept 2021
Schedule for Citizenship test: 8 April 2022
Citizenship test competed: 25 April 2022

Please add to the spreadsheet.
That is not out of the ordinary. I finished my test on 9th April and my BG was completed only on 27th May. and I have seen some other candidates with this variation. TBH, IRCC might be doing the easier tasks first with new staff and the complex applications would be routed to senior staff which would address the delays and also messed up process timelines. This will take at least 5-6 months to sort out and become normal. Until then we are to suffer.

Svr

Jun 3, 2022
That is not out of the ordinary. I finished my test on 9th April and my BG was completed only on 27th May. and I have seen some other candidates with this variation. TBH, IRCC might be doing the easier tasks first with new staff and the complex applications would be routed to senior staff which would address the delays and also messed up process timelines. This will take at least 5-6 months to sort out and become normal. Until then we are to suffer.
Let's hypothetical assume
If BG fails then why would they be doing test ? Isn't unnecessary and waste of time/money/effort ?

QueenM93

Oct 5, 2021
Hi guys! I need help!!

I got the FP request on April 5, submitted it on April 6, received by IRCC on May 5 (one full month, no problem) but it's still showing as in progress. It's over 8 weeks since I got the FP request and looking at everyone's timeline this is not normal. What am I supposed to do??

PS: I didn't travel much - don't have any issues with background check, been working in large corporations and I'm a single applicant so it looks straight forward to me! It's been very veryy frustrating!!

Any idea what to do?

Reactions: akoa

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys! I need help!!

I got the FP request on April 5, submitted it on April 6, received by IRCC on May 5 (one full month, no problem) but it's still showing as in progress. It's over 8 weeks since I got the FP request and looking at everyone's timeline this is not normal. What am I supposed to do??

PS: I didn't travel much - don't have any issues with background check, been working in large corporations and I'm a single applicant so it looks straight forward to me! It's been very veryy frustrating!!

Any idea what to do?
Request GCMS notes. Sometimes that helps applications move along.