+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hello folks cic asked my wife to provide police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in India. This is for 1 year time before 3 years eligibility period when she was in india waiting for pr. She is born Indian citizen and lived in india before coming here. My understanding is she would need to provide an explanation for no certificate or does she needs a certificate?? If no certificate than what would be the explanation?? Thanks in advance
Did your wife go back to India during the eligibility period for more than 183days ( ~6 months ) , then you would need a PCC. As per my understanding you do not need PCC if you never left canada or your stays at other country were less than 183days when you are PR.

sharmani

Jun 22, 2017
Did your wife go back to India during the eligibility period for more than 183days ( ~6 months ) , then you would need a PCC. As per my understanding you do not need PCC if you never left canada or your stays at other country were less than 183days when you are PR.
No, for the 3 years eligibility period she only went for 1 month.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
No, for the 3 years eligibility period she only went for 1 month.
pretty unusual to be asked for PCC then
you can explain to them that this was time your wife was waiting for her PR application and PCC was already supplied at that time. Other than this, I am not sure what to suggest.
Maybe someone else can add their inputs to this.

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Small updates that I missed last month on my application for the spreadsheet!

Type: Paper
Physical presence: 1,161
Application: Single

Application sent: July 9, 2021
Application delivered: July 15, 2021
AOR: October 7, 2021
In Progress ECAS: October 8, 2021

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello folks cic asked my wife to provide police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in India. This is for 1 year time before 3 years eligibility period when she was in india waiting for pr. She is born Indian citizen and lived in india before coming here. My understanding is she would need to provide an explanation for no certificate or does she needs a certificate?? If no certificate than what would be the explanation?? Thanks in advance
The eligibility period is 5 years from date applicant signs and submit the application
During the 5 years eligibility period, RO (residency obligation) if 1095 days/3 years have to be met
Now wrt PCC if the applicant has stayed for 183 days during the last 4 years then a PCC is required to be provided . If a PCC cannot be obtained then an explanation is required as to why this cannot be done.
There are different scenarios though which if it is applicable you ca. select yes and no to this PCC question
These examples/scenarios are mentioned here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Can you please check the above link and see if any of those examples apply in her case ?

if the PCC was required from a country such Saudi Arabia eg in that case that is not possible as the country only provides PCC to people who are either citizens or are on valid residence visas
But in your case the PCC requirement is from India…

Reactions: sharmani

sharmani

Jun 22, 2017
pretty unusual to be asked for PCC then
you can explain to them that this was time your wife was waiting for her PR application and PCC was already supplied at that time. Other than this, I am not sure what to suggest.
Maybe someone else can add their inputs to this.
Thanks

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
Hi. Possiby because the Documents Checklist uses 4 years from the date of application:

You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) for
the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
when will our July applicants receive the test invite? so i know when should i read the book lol
lol, I have already started reading the book ( ordered for a physical copy , took 10 days to get it ). Preparing so that I don't have to do it last minute ,, he he he

Reactions: baimmeb

irnovo

Dec 17, 2015
The ECAS tool here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do does not work for me. It says application not found. I am sure I am putting the information correctly. However, I could make an account at https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login and it shows my application is in progress (updated Oct 6). Anyone in the same boat? Is ECAS tool working for you?

Type: Paper Application
Application: Family of 4
Application delivered: 12 Jul 2021
AOR: 05 Oct 2021

andulka

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021