+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi, our file was received on July3rd 2020 in Sydney and medical was done by Dec2020. Then it was moved to Manila and then finally to London UK in March 2021. We sent a email enquiry in June and they said that file is there but no officer has been assigned yet. We tried to follow up last month but no response. Does anyone has any insight on the processing time from LDN and also if there is anything that can be done to assure no further delay. Applicant is from UAE (dubai)

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi, our file was received on July3rd 2020 in Sydney and medical was done by Dec2020. Then it was moved to Manila and then finally to London UK in March 2021. We sent a email enquiry in June and they said that file is there but no officer has been assigned yet. We tried to follow up last month but no response. Does anyone has any insight on the processing time from LDN and also if there is anything that can be done to assure no further delay. Applicant is from UAE (dubai)
Try contacting your MP, some are helpful and when they do contact the VO's normally there is a response in a week, if possible same day even.

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Try contacting your MP, some are helpful and when they do contact the VO's normally there is a response in a week, if possible same day even.
We tried that, They were only able to get the status update from IRCC, which is same as what we see in our online portal (medical passed).

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Mp can help more than that. My file is also delayed but can do more than just finding status
Can you let me know what did you ask for and what did they do? And did you email them or did you go in person? Please provide any info that you think might be useful. Thanks.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Can you let me know what did you ask for and what did they do? And did you email them or did you go in person? Please provide any info that you think might be useful. Thanks.
Just give them a brief on how the file processing goes and in your situation your file has exceeded a year and still not assigned to an officer. I mean normally the MP contacts them and an explanation or something is given for the delay but js for an update am doubting even if they called or they just checked your ecas to tell you what you already know.

Anyway just ignore my msg above and get in touch with them again. Hopefully you land on a more understanding rep in their office. Trust me, myself I had to contact twice and 2 different pple. The 1st person had taken leave on the exact day we had called. The ff day we were told she is off till the ff week Tuesday. We pleaded with the rep on phone on how its affecting us. Just show how much it means to you cos even when u go to the hospital pregnant, u are immediately rushed to the ER however if it's malaria u are in the queue. They attend to your situation based on how serious/critical it seems.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just give them a brief on how the file processing goes and in your situation your file has exceeded a year and still not assigned to an officer. I mean normally the MP contacts them and an explanation or something is given for the delay
Anyway just ignore my msg above and get in touch with them again.
My guess is that given the volume of inquiries MP's offices get, probably 95% of which have nothing that can be done and are only basically asking for an update, the staff assume and deal with most requests as 'standard' and try to just provide the basic info.

In other words, the first request is (much of the time) just a triage procedure and they assume most who make requests will go away.

And therefore: plan for having to make requests and contact more than once, and prepare to explain to them concisely why their help is needed (more than a year, some mistake, something out of the ordinary).

[Also keep in mind a certain number of requests to MPs offices are from unbalanced people, and you don't want their staff to think you're in that category.]

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
@armoured or anyone with knowledge on this. Hi I was wanting to ask if you have any clue about the gcms notes. A GHOST UPDATE appeared in gckey roughly 24hrs after ordering gcms, but till now no visual changes or contact from IRCC. Is the GU to do with the file processing or its just bcos the gcms was ordered.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured or anyone with knowledge on this. Hi I was wanting to ask if you have any clue about the gcms notes. A GHOST UPDATE appeared in gckey roughly 24hrs after ordering gcms, but till now no visual changes or contact from IRCC. Is the GU to do with the file processing or its just bcos the gcms was ordered.
No way to know, I think. Would make sense the gcms request could cause a ghost update but just speculation.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Exactly 9 months after AOR1 (Jan 2021), got BIL today.

Still waiting on SA and Med Req.

File sent: 16th July 2020.

From GCMS notes it seemed like my spouse was in security screening as only criminality and info sharing was in progress. So hopefully we speed through rest of the process.

Clasam 1

Aug 14, 2020
My story has come to an end thank God .
I submitted my spouse file in April 2020 we never heard bck till November I called them and they told me oooo ur file was returned and it took 2 months for us to get back the package.That was the worst day ever .
However my testimony is that we resubmitted in
—-March 2021
—-AOR received April 23rd 2021
—-Bio request April 27th 2021
—-Sponsor approval April 28th 2021
—-Pre arrival ——July 10th 2021
—-Medical request — August 10th 2021
—- medical done August 20th
——Passport request——October 7th
Wishing everyone good luck as they move forward with their files

Reactions: anshulbanwari