+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Huss7

Jul 27, 2020
Hi did you get Appendix A asking for additional information. If so do you add your spouse/partner or just yourself (PA) also are you a visa exempt national or do you require a visa. Just need to know where I need to send my photos for COPR.
So for the Appendix A I filled out both PA and sponsor. And my wife needs a visa so she need to send her passport via VFS Global to get the visa. I was in London VO and my wife just dropped her passport off for visa in Lahore VFS Global office.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi. I have a question and I am hoping that one of you guys will be able to help me. I am a visa exempt national so I have to upload the biodata page of my passport , a copy of the ready for visa email and the Appendix A through my online account. When I go into my account on the view submitted application or upload documents page it does not give me any option to upload any documents. It just says that there are no requested documents. Does anyone who has received PPR from a visa exempt country have any advice on how to go about uploading these documents? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I am in a similar situation. I showed IRCC income proof from part time work. Will now have to send them additional documents. They are NOT transparent on their website. They should put it there that a JOB is required to sponsor.
I have been working for the same employer from 2018 and provide letter from employer, 2 year NOA, 6 months pay stubs and bank statement and still the officer requested social assistance check which took 15 days for province to provide information and then another 20 days for IRCC to provide sponsor approval. IRCC is weird and there is no standard for them. We are at mercy of the officer.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
CONGRATS! Really happy for you :)
You should get PPR soon, mine came 3 days later.
Do you have DM in GCKey? my GCKey is till saying 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made'
Hi. My CIC account is also showing the same as yours. I read on some other forum that it will remain that way until either after COPR is issued or until your application is completed. And from my understanding IRCC only views your application as complete when you become a landed immigrant.

Reactions: armoured and Alexn

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
CONGRATS! Really happy for you :)
You should get PPR soon, mine came 3 days later.
Do you have DM in GCKey? my GCKey is till saying 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made'
DM is in ECAS.

Reactions: Alexn

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi. My CIC account is also showing the same as yours. I read on some other forum that it will remain that way until either after COPR is issued or until your application is completed. And from my understanding IRCC only views your application as complete when you become a landed immigrant.
Yes, GC Key, AFAIK, only regards application as complete when CoPR + landed.

Reactions: Alexn
Jan 6, 2021
I have no update since AOR1 in January (5 months since AOR1 without BIL or Med Request or SA) . File received July 16th 2020. I contacted my local MP office and got this response:

• The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia, on July 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements has not been initiated.
  • The responsible office has not begun reviewing the application and documents submitted in order to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements.
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Is anyone else in same boat as me?
same boat. they received my applic on Jul 07. Ordered GCMS notes few months ago and yes, they checked for social assistance even I provided them employment letter from HR. still waiting for SA. :(

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
I have been working for the same employer from 2018 and provide letter from employer, 2 year NOA, 6 months pay stubs and bank statement and still the officer requested social assistance check which took 15 days for province to provide information and then another 20 days for IRCC to provide sponsor approval. IRCC is weird and there is no standard for them. We are at mercy of the officer.
So this means we are the unfortunate applicant's who wait 3 years-4 years without any reason?

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
So this means we are the unfortunate applicant's who wait 3 years-4 years without any reason?
Well I hope not that we have to wait that long because I certainly won't wait and will just move out of this country as I don't want to be at the mercy of some officer taking his/her own time while I suffer. I am educated and skilled immigrant and I will get plenty opportunities back home!