+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hello. I'm a July 2020 applicant. Biometrics and medical done, DM and pre-arrival 22nd March - no PPR yet (Ottawa VO). I have a couple of questions and I hope someone would be able to help me out:
- I've been in Canada on a visitors visa for 6months now and I won't be going back to the UK until I get my PR (visitor record extension is in progress). The original plan wasn't to stay here that long but thanks to Covid plans changed. I haven't updated IRCC to let them know my address in Canada as I still have my place in the UK and I thought if I go back to the UK then there is no need to do so. Should I let IRCC know asap even though decision is made already just waiting for PPR and I believe I will be able to send my passport to Ottawa anyway?
- We applied as common law but we actually got married a couple weeks ago (we were planning on getting married last year and the wedding got cancelled - again, thanks Covid!) so we had a small ceremony in the mountains after a year of waiting. We haven't received our marriage certificate yet (we were told it might take a few weeks) - if I don't get my PPR by then should I inform IRCC of our wedding? If so, would we need to provide any proof other than the marriage certificate?

Thank you!
Hi. I would suggest that you inform IRCC straight away as to your change in circumstances. They clearly outline the changes that they need to be informed about. Address. Marital status birth of a child etc etc. You have been examined under common law and applied under common law but now you are actually married so it would be wise to inform them of your change in circumstances to avoid it being misconstrued as misrepresentation because until you have that COPR visa stamped in your passport you are not yet home and dry. I hope that you are aware that in order to complete your process you will have to leave the country and re enter in order to be considered a landed immigrant. That is the process for outland applicants and I believe that they have suspended flagpoling until further notice so you may well have to return to UK to complete your process unless IRCC is willing to give you a inland interview to complete your landing. Good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly for you .

vaidawall

Apr 13, 2021
Hi. I would suggest that you inform IRCC straight away as to your change in circumstances. They clearly outline the changes that they need to be informed about. Address. Marital status birth of a child etc etc. You have been examined under common law and applied under common law but now you are actually married so it would be wise to inform them of your change in circumstances to avoid it being misconstrued as misrepresentation because until you have that COPR visa stamped in your passport you are not yet home and dry. I hope that you are aware that in order to complete your process you will have to leave the country and re enter in order to be considered a landed immigrant. That is the process for outland applicants and I believe that they have suspended flagpoling until further notice so you may well have to return to UK to complete your process unless IRCC is willing to give you a inland interview to complete your landing. Good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly for you .
Thank you for the information! I will update IRCC with my address in Canada. As for change in marital status I believe I would need to send them a marriage certificate which we haven't received yet - not sure about the rest of Canada but in Alberta this process takes a few weeks. I will call IRCC tomorrow to clarify what documents they would need.
I have seen outland applicants who are in Canada send their passport to Ottawa because the PPR letter does indicate that if you are currently in Canada you can send your passport there. Do you know if this is not applicable to all the applicants?

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Thank you for the information! I will update IRCC with my address in Canada. As for change in marital status I believe I would need to send them a marriage certificate which we haven't received yet - not sure about the rest of Canada but in Alberta this process takes a few weeks. I will call IRCC tomorrow to clarify what documents they would need.
I have seen outland applicants who are in Canada send their passport to Ottawa because the PPR letter does indicate that if you are currently in Canada you can send your passport there. Do you know if this is not applicable to all the applicants?
Hi. I'm not 100% sure if that is or is not applicable to all applicants. I think that your passport needs to be submitted to the visa office dealing with your application but again I am not 100% on that one. Covid has changed the way things are normally done so you could be lucky and have everything finalized while you are in Canada. Good luck.
Also I'm sure IRCC is aware of the normal timing of the issuance of marriage certificates in the various provinces. So if you let them know that you don't have the certificate they should be ok with that as long as you are able to give them a timeframe as to when you can expect to submit it if they do require it. Congratulations on your marriage by the way.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
have seen outland applicants who are in Canada send their passport to Ottawa because the PPR letter does indicate that if you are currently in Canada you can send your passport there. Do you know if this is not applicable to all the applicants?
All applicants in Canada as far as I'm aware. They do not want you to travel to get the visa/copr.

It seems occasionally not all ppr letters contain the info, calling ircc works in such cases.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
I got my GCMS notes and they mention these notes created and updated on 2021/01/21. I received AOR1 on 2021/01/08 and no communication since, my cease shows sponsor in progress as well as PA. I have not received SA / medical or biometric request yet. but from notes it is confusing. can anyone explain

Sponsor Eligibility: In progress. Partner check initiated for: Social assistance check. Despite current risk mitigation protocol, a social assistance check has been initiated for the following reason: Unemployment. Results Pending. GCMS check. No relevant material / information found. Correct fees received and allocated. Client will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original upfront medical report form signed by a panel physician or e-medical upfront medical notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of application. failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
They won't send any email for AOR2. Just check ECAS daily, when you see in - process again click on that link. One line will be added there that "we have started processing your application on [Date]. Consider this line as your AOR2.

Good luck, hope you get it soon.
Mine went back to in process after application received and I didn't get the line item 2 that they started processing. :/

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi. I am pretty sure that due to Covid IRCC is automatically giving 90 days for any sort of stuff that needs to be done ie biometrics, medicals, additional documents but you can call them to confirm. What country are you in? Can you not just call a panel physician and book an appointment?
There was an update on the IRCC website that they are going back to the standard 30 days unless under circumstances there is still a delay due to covid where the PA lives - but proof has to be provided and you need to ask for the extension.

Reactions: Alexn

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Mine went back to in process after application received and I didn't get the line item 2 that they started processing. :/
In my case, after the line turned back to "in process" from "application received" it took a couple of day to the line appeared.
Your application is been processing quite faster tho.

Reactions: his*marty