+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Do you mean the sponsor side doesn't even have the "we started processing" line even though you have DM?
Yes, thats the last one I have. Shouldn't there be at least one more like "a decision was made" or "we sent you correspondence about a decision"?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
In my case, after the line turned back to "in process" from "application received" it took a couple of day to the line appeared.
Your application is been processing quite faster tho.
Thank you, I will look out for it. Yes, thus far it has moved fast... but I don't expect it to move fast during the processing of the PA, as this is the slowest part of the process.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, thats the last one I have. Shouldn't there be at least one more like "a decision was made" or "we sent you correspondence about a decision"?
My DM was a while ago and this is all that is there:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor *** *** on December 18, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 16, 2021.
So DM is DM and I'm not worried about them saying anything else. Just for comparison my citizenship side never showed a DM and looks like this:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 22, 2020.
  4. You became a Canadian citizen on March 8, 2021.

Reactions: Alexn

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey guys and gals.

So my wife got her PPR about 2 weeks ago and submitted passport shortly after. ECAS or GCKey hasn't showed any acknowledgment saying they got it yet. Will they? The last thing on GCKey that is dated was additional documents on March 23rd, despite getting PPR email April 1st

I did receive an email from Hong Kong VO this morning saying "Dear ____, We wanted to check in and let you know that your application is moving ahead. It is time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada" and then continued to talk about the services that can be provided...what is "moving ahead"???

Any July applicants get PPR and COPR? wondering about timelines so i can start planning on when my girl can come here. Today has been 500 days since we last met face to face!

Reactions: lovemydoggie

Amrit9291

Sep 21, 2018
Hello,
I read last batch of ppr was out on 19th march.
How many ppr were released on 19th march?
Also, when was the batch before 19th march was out? Just wondering, what pattern we can expect in upcoming days.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hey guys and gals.

So my wife got her PPR about 2 weeks ago and submitted passport shortly after. ECAS or GCKey hasn't showed any acknowledgment saying they got it yet. Will they? The last thing on GCKey that is dated was additional documents on March 23rd, despite getting PPR email April 1st

I did receive an email from Hong Kong VO this morning saying "Dear ____, We wanted to check in and let you know that your application is moving ahead. It is time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada" and then continued to talk about the services that can be provided...what is "moving ahead"???

Any July applicants get PPR and COPR? wondering about timelines so i can start planning on when my girl can come here. Today has been 500 days since we last met face to face!
they likely won't respond. I needed to provide a PCC which is unattainable and provided the explanation. They responded a month later telling me they can't provide me with accurate processing times due to covid... ummm... ok?

Sweths

Jan 8, 2021
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13th July 2020
AOR Received.
Dec 17th 2020
File Transfer...
NDVO
Med's Request
Jan 14th 2021
Med's Done....
Jan 18th 2021
Mine went back to in process after application received and I didn't get the line item 2 that they started processing. :/
Hi,
Same here! It went to In process today and I don't see any new line added in the PA section.
Is it something to worry for ?

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hello,
I read last batch of ppr was out on 19th march.
How many ppr were released on 19th march?
Also, when was the batch before 19th march was out? Just wondering, what pattern we can expect in upcoming days.
That is for the Ottawa visa office. Is that where your application is now❔ I'm now sure when the batch before the 19th was sent out. Maybe check the spreadsheet?

Sukiki

Jul 24, 2020
Hi all!

Just wanted to update you guys since getting the PFL, we got an immigration consultant to sort out the mess. We got pre-arrival and decision made within these 2 days. I am super excited there's progress and thanks again for this forum's support!

About the DM, will they send a letter to us about the decision that's made? I am still a bit hesitant to think this is good news yet.

TIA

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Hi all!

Just wanted to update you guys since getting the PFL, we got an immigration consultant to sort out the mess. We got pre-arrival and decision made within these 2 days. I am super excited there's progress and thanks again for this forum's support!

About the DM, will they send a letter to us about the decision that's made? I am still a bit hesitant to think this is good news yet.

TIA
If you got pre arrival is probably good news :)
If you don’t mind sharing, what was the PFL about?

Reactions: Sukiki

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all!

TIA
There will be no separate email on the decision made. Passport request or refusal - but I believe with pre arrival the refusal is much less likely.

(small possibility of more doc requests but I think you already received those and responded)

Reactions: krishnat and Sukiki

Sukiki

Jul 24, 2020
If you got pre arrival is probably good news :)
If you don’t mind sharing, what was the PFL about?
We had some inconsistencies in the education and residential timeline and immigration wanted to call it misrepresentation. It was just a simple typo on our end. The consultant helped us revise the schedule A and we provided the supporting documents (school certificates, work reference letters, etc) to prove our case.

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hi all!

TIA
Just want to say that I’m happy that things are moving forward with your application! You must be thrilled. I don’t think you’ll get a DM letter. The next step is getting a PPR.

Reactions: Sukiki