+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Also in the next few working days you should get an email with a letter eirth SA approval or refusal. If passed in that letter should be a section stating where the application is being forwarded too.
what would be the reasons for SA refusal ? isnt it in the background check or interviews where the refusal might happen ?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
SA refusal is regarding the sponsor. Mainly only refused in my opinion if there is any criminal findings, bankruptcy not discharged or not enough funds or income possibly to sponsor.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
SA refusal is regarding the sponsor. Mainly only refused in my opinion if there is any criminal findings, bankruptcy not discharged or not enough funds or income possibly to sponsor.
Hi. I read on one of the immigration news updates that income is no longer a reason for refusal of spousal sponsorship. The only time that income will be assessed is if there are dependants as well. So a sponsor refusal would most likely be based on criminality and undischarged bankruptcy. Also if the person who is sponsoring was themselves sponsored as a spouse and they have not completed 5 years since becoming a permanent resident before they apply for spousal sponsorship is grounds for refusal of sponsorship application.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Agree it states that regarding finances but it clearly states you must have a plan or some kind of income as you the sponsor are responsible for the applicant for three years. So yes I agree it states no amount, but clearly they must look at funds or atleast a job or income.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Agree it states that regarding finances but it clearly states you must have a plan or some kind of income as you the sponsor are responsible for the applicant for three years. So yes I agree it states no amount, but clearly they must look at funds or atleast a job or income.
Yes they do look at that but I think the point I was trying to put across is that a low income would not be the grounds for refusal unless there are also dependants because of the fact that the dependants are unable to work depending on what age they are. That was all.

Reactions: dw33

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
The application itself and all of the guides make it pretty clear that you simply need to prove you’re capable of providing the necessary needs (food on the table, roof over their head, etc) which is why they don’t list an actual minimum dollar value you need to be making for spousal sponsorship. But yes, they do also take finances into consideration, hence the reason they ask about place of work and NOAs. That doesn’t mean it’s the be all and end all though, as sponsors who don’t work at all are approved. I personally have never seen a sponsor refused except for the other reasons stated above like criminal charges , bankruptcy, on social assistance, didn’t meet the requirements as a PR. That sort of thing.

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am a Sponsor living in Canada and have applied a Outland Spousal PR application file for my wife living in India. Below is my timeline up to now:
Application Received date: 17 July 2020
First email from CIC: 22 DECEMBER 2020 (I guess this gets considered as AOR1?)

I have tried to link this application to my CIC profile but it has failed every time. I was wondering if I have to create separate CIC account for my wife.

Thank you in advance.

Sandy6377

Jan 30, 2015
Finally got Biometrics request. no Aor yet but this is the first communication I have received from IRCC. Every time I called them during these 6 months they couldn't find my file in the system. I thought they lost my file but a bit sigh of relief for the moment.

Reactions: Alexn

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am a Sponsor living in Canada and have applied a Outland Spousal PR application file for my wife living in India. Below is my timeline up to now:

I have tried to link this application to my CIC profile but it has failed every time. I was wondering if I have to create separate CIC account for my wife.

Thank you in advance.
You may be getting the number of applicants wrong. If it is just you and spouse, enter 2. If you have kids, 2+ number of kids.

Reactions: Alexn

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hello Friends,

Thank you in advance.
Finally got Biometrics request. no Aor yet but this is the first communication I have received from IRCC. Every time I called them during these 6 months they couldn't find my file in the system. I thought they lost my file but a bit sigh of relief for the moment.
What's the email address you are getting emails from, please?