+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi. Congratulations on the progress of your application. I'm still waiting for BIL and Medical.
App received. July 28
AOR1. January 5. Then absolutely nothing since then. Everyday I check both ECAS and online account but leave disappointed. Congratulations to everyone who has movement on their applications and best wishes for those who are still waiting for AOR1.

I am in same boat!

july 16th applicant
aor 9th Jan

dead silence since... at least i know application will not be returned after aor..

Reactions: Babydoll2305

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I am in same boat!

july 16th applicant
aor 9th Jan

dead silence since... at least i know application will not be returned after aor..
Hi. True it is a relief to have the AOR and know that at least your application will not be returned. I guess we just have to try and practice some patience and hope that things go smoothly for us.

Reactions: Alexn

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
Hello All,

I want to confirm here that what is considered as AOR1. I have asked the question before but have not got any proper answer.

On December 22, 2020, I as being a Sponsor have received an email stating the Application# and UCI# of Outland spousal PR Application which was received by CIC Sydney on April 17, 2020.

Can anybody please tell me, what information AOR1 contains and what information is confirmed by AOR1?

Thank U in advance.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Hello All,

I want to confirm here that what is considered as AOR1. I have asked the question before but have not got any proper answer.

On December 22, 2020, I as being a Sponsor have received an email stating the Application# and UCI# of Outland spousal PR Application which was received by CIC Sydney on April 17, 2020.

Can anybody please tell me, what information AOR1 contains and what information is confirmed by AOR1?

Thank U in advance.
That is AOR. you can use UCI or App number to link your application to GCKey and check ECAS

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
Thank you for your quick reply. I have not been able to link my application online. and have already reported the issue to CIC, just waiting for their reply.

Can I link this application to my (Sponsors') CIC account? [That's what I have tried up to now actually]. I have not received any email from CIC after Dec. 22, 2020 (The day I got AOR1), nor my spouse have received anything. May be we just have to wait little more I guess.

That is AOR. you can use UCI or App number to link your application to GCKey and check ECAS

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Thank you for your quick reply. I have not been able to link my application online. and have already reported the issue to CIC, just waiting for their reply.

Can I link this application to my (Sponsors') CIC account? [That's what I have tried up to now actually]. I have not received any email from CIC after Dec. 22, 2020 (The day I got AOR1), nor my spouse have received anything. May be we just have to wait little more I guess.
The application can be linked to your account or the sponsor's account, it doesn't matter. But it can only be linked to ONE account. If you have a representative you wont be able to link to GCKey, but you can always see in ECAS. Make sure you are writing the correct information in the spaces. In the last question put "2" if its just you and the sponsor, If you have one dependent put "3", etc...

In ECAS use the application number with your last name and birthday, or the UCI with the sponsor's last mane and birthday. The UCI in the AOR is the sponsor's UCI.
Hope this helps

Reactions: JaykumarM

JaykumarM

Jun 13, 2020
The application can be linked to your account or the sponsor's account, it doesn't matter. But it can only be linked to ONE account. If you have a representative you wont be able to link to GCKey, but you can always see in ECAS. Make sure you are writing the correct information in the spaces. In the last question put "2" if its just you and the sponsor, If you have one dependent put "3", etc...

In ECAS use the application number with your last name and birthday, or the UCI with the sponsor's last mane and birthday. The UCI in the AOR is the sponsor's UCI.
Hope this helps

Got it Alexn, Thank you so much again for a quick response to my query. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: Alexn

Guriwar

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hello All,

Thank U in advance.
AOR email will contain your UCI number and Application Number alongwith the following message:
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on [date] on behalf of the following member(s):
[Name]

After receiving AOR, you can check your application's status on ECAS as well as you can link your application to GCkey.

Reactions: JaykumarM and dw33

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi, all,

I had to send in additional information September - December via webform (for which they kept saying to resend, as that's not how they had stuff recorded in their system.

I have now received an email from IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca saying they have the new information I have sent them (I'm the sponsor and Canadian citizen). I now have a file number of XF123456789 for reference. I presume that this is pre-AOR1, basically confirming it is loaded in their system awaiting first review, to get AOR1?

Thanks in advance,

LL

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, all,

I had to send in additional information September - December via webform (for which they kept saying to resend, as that's not how they had stuff recorded in their system.

I have now received an email from IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca saying they have the new information I have sent them (I'm the sponsor and Canadian citizen). I now have a file number of XF123456789 for reference. I presume that this is pre-AOR1, basically confirming it is loaded in their system awaiting first review, to get AOR1?

Thanks in advance,

LL
Sounds like just confirmation of the info you sent and that they have tied it to your file, and sent you the temporary file number (permanent should be same without the X )

Reactions: LotusLeodis

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Sounds like just confirmation of the info you sent and that they have tied it to your file, and sent you the temporary file number (permanent should be same without the X )
Hopefully, it will not be too long a wait to AOR1. I was reading at the moment outland applications were taking 17 months on average. Any luck and we will have permission to go home by this Christmas.