+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Te9988

Nov 24, 2020
I just got BIL today and sponsor status change to Decision made. How many days it takes to get sponsor approval and file trasfer to VO mail?

Reactions: vruank

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I just got BIL today and sponsor status change to Decision made. How many days it takes to get sponsor approval and file trasfer to VO mail?
Congratulations on receiving BIL.
As sponsor status changed to DM you should receive the sponsor approval letter soon in a day or two. For file transfer looking at the current trend it depends, you may receive it in the coming week or may take longer.

Te9944

Sep 24, 2020
Congratulations on receiving BIL.
As sponsor status changed to DM you should receive the sponsor approval letter soon in a day or two. For file transfer looking at the current trend it depends, you may receive it in the coming week or may take longer.
Thank you for response.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Has anyone ever seen DM for sponsor and than it means not accepted, or does DM mean accepted?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Has anyone ever seen DM for sponsor and than it means not accepted, or does DM mean accepted?
I haven’t seen it myself, but it’s likely happened. It’s not often a sponsor isn’t approved, but it can happen. Decision made means exactly that. They have come to a decision and you will hear shortly whether you’ve been approved or not.

Reactions: singleman

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
NO. A month ago got AOR. SA still says processing.
Ah, got it. Hard to say when it will happen. Pre-Covid sponsor approval, biometrics, and medicals usually came along fairly soon after AOR, but these days the steps are all over the board. It’s almost impossible to predict anymore. Once you do get a DM for spousal approval you’ll know the result fairly quickly, which I wouldn’t worry about. Almost all sponsors are approved. Very few cases, such as criminal history, etc are rejected.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I applied in June and outland. Im in China with my wife and I am a Canadian citizen. Married five years. Received AOR December 4th. When I was filling out the forms way back in June was a nervous wreck. Must have checked the application 20 times.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I haven’t seen it myself, but it’s likely happened. It’s not often a sponsor isn’t approved, but it can happen. Decision made means exactly that. They have come to a decision and you will hear shortly whether you’ve been approved or not.
U R right but a DM for SPONSOR side is usually a +VE one othrwise a letter goes ahead to the email re; NOT approved to sponsor for odd reasons