+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

nano_speed

Nov 15, 2021
My Timeline:

Background Verification: Feb 2021
Test done: June 1 2021
Physical, Prohibitions, Language Completed on: Oct 13 2021.

I have been reading here that people had to wait 4-5 months since their test for oath invite. I have been waiting for over 5 months now, anyone else here have to wait for more than 5 months for Oath invite?

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
I did my oath ceremony on the 4th of November. Just waiting for my certificate now. Online, it says my ceremony is still in progress, eh.

And lol, I wore one of my favorite hoodies for the ceremony, same as I would have had it been irl. That was my 'best' attire. I dunno what else I should have worn. A dress?? Don't own those. I wholly expect people to be a lot more at ease when it's just a video-call online, so I don't find anything "disrespectful" in what people wore, if anything, just remotely funny.

Reactions: tatiana1994

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Can someone update our info on the tracker?

Test request email: 08 November 2021
Tests taken: both passed on 15 November 2021

Thanks.

One more step out of the way…

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
What does "DM" mean that everyone is referring to?
Thanks!
Decision made. On the newer online portal it'll usually show everything complete apart from Oath Ceremony. For the older portal it shows 'decision made' instead of 'in process'. It usually indicates that all your file is completed and you've been moved to the next stage of waiting o be invited to the oath ceremony. It seems a bit random how long it takes from DM to Oath Ceremony with everything from a few weeks to a few months and largely depends on local offices and how they deliver their oaths. Let me know if you need the websites where you can check.

Reactions: nano_speed

KMTL

Dec 7, 2020
I think the Afghanistan situation is not the same as before. The emergency is over, no more people are being evacuated from Afghanistan. So why IRCC is still not answering calls saying they are dealing with an emergency situation, What are the reasons for delay now? I think it has become more of an excuse rather than reality.

Reactions: happysheep

nano_speed

Nov 15, 2021
Decision made. On the newer online portal it'll usually show everything complete apart from Oath Ceremony. For the older portal it shows 'decision made' instead of 'in process'. It usually indicates that all your file is completed and you've been moved to the next stage of waiting o be invited to the oath ceremony. It seems a bit random how long it takes from DM to Oath Ceremony with everything from a few weeks to a few months and largely depends on local offices and how they deliver their oaths. Let me know if you need the websites where you can check.
Thanks for the explanation! Thats the case for my application everything is "Complete" except Oath and application status is still "In process".
Can you share the website link please?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Final Update: Thanks everyone for your help and kindness and Good Luck :)

July 30th, 2020 applicant - Kitchener office

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason:
We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Yes, once your spouse receives her email, respond to that, provide your UCI and ask them if they can accommodate you in the same ceremony.
Hi Raj,
I replied to invitation email and asked them to include me in the same ceremony but no response till now.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stop being so dramatic . It is getting annoying. everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I have been living in Canada for 10 years and honestly it is perfectly possible that CIC did not not prevent them timely.
I fail to see the drama but i bet you dont have any eye for sarcasm.
if you find people expressing opinions in ways they want annoying then get off the forum.
I have no idea what point are you trying to make. but i will suggest calm down before typing.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think the Afghanistan situation is not the same as before. The emergency is over, no more people are being evacuated from Afghanistan. So why IRCC is still not answering calls saying they are dealing with an emergency situation, What are the reasons for delay now? I think it has become more of an excuse rather than reality.
It was a Godsend gift to them. They will keep using it until they find the next crisis so no one can reach them. IRCC plays tactics.

Reactions: KMTL

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Until today I’ve been waiting for 4 months and 2 weeks after decision made for oath invitation.
Single applicant. Montreal office. Application was received on July 07, 2020.

Reactions: Sickofredtape

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Reactions: nano_speed

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Until today I’ve been waiting for 4 months and 2 weeks after decision made for oath invitation.

Seems July-2020 applicants have issues with Montreal office.. Seems they don't like us :(

application received July 12th, 2020
VO: Montreal
DM: June 29th 2021,
Family application:4

What else to say :(

Reactions: Sickofredtape

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When was your BG completed? It's possible another BG check is underway according to the date you provided.