Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
That's true, but I am certain that IRCC had previous knowledge of their absence (I don't think these empty seats were for people who decided not to show up), and could have filled these seats with others who have been waiting for the oath for months.
No! That’s not true. The clerk during the ceremony called all their names to make sure that they aren’t there.

The invitation clearly says that if you cannot attend ceremony let IRCC know in advance. That means these people weren’t serious about it. There was more than 10 people absent.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No! That’s not true. The clerk during the ceremony called all their names to make sure that they aren’t there.

The invitation clearly says that if you cannot attend ceremony let IRCC know in advance. That means these people weren’t serious about it. There was more than 10 people absent.
thats a joke tbh. unless something very serious happened to all of them, they should have informed and some one else should have been accommodated instead. oh well.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
thats a joke tbh. unless something very serious happened to all of them, they should have informed and some one else should have been accommodated instead. oh well.
Agree with you

People are being selfish

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Yeah that’s like 10 happy people from July 2020 group if those absent participants have reported it to IRCC before the ceremony.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Anyone here knows if Citizenship certificate has all the names mentioned which you provided in section 5 in the citizenship application?
Anyone?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

If they just didn't show up without any advance notice, they should be pushed back to the end of the queue. Who would skip the oath? I cannot understand this. Maybe they felt the need to re-evaluate the implications of getting Canadian citizenship at the last minute, and decided not to show up :confused: Yet, this is not justified. They are taking others spots who are eager to take the oath as soon as possible.

pg27

Jan 31, 2016
Why are you guys blaming participants only?
I can't believe that you are jumping on conclusions.

I posted a few weeks ago that I didn't receive email for test instructions.
There was another application who could have literally missed test window due to not receiving email.

Who knows if they didn't receive email to participate and missed ceremony?

I also asked if something is wrong with tracker as I can't see any data in spreadsheet, but nobody has answer except to blame people.

Thanks and stay courteous to each other, there could be technical issues!

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
No one is “just” blaming participants. But that cannot be a coincidence that all these participants did not receive their oath invitation and/or have an emergency. There were more than 10 of them.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

There was another application who could have literally missed test window due to not receiving email.

I also asked if something is wrong with tracker as I can't see any data in spreadsheet, but nobody has answer except to blame people.

Maybe. Someone recently received their oath invitation on the new tracker for a past date that requires a time machine to travel back in time to take the oath! Their system is glitchy.

• Haha
Reactions: Yawza and stalker

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah that’s like 10 happy people from July 2020 group if those absent participants have reported it to IRCC before the ceremony.
true.
a wishful thinking that finally moving to online tests/oath would expedite things. IRCC and all crown corporations' practices defy logic, efficiency and productivity that commonsense, automation and technology provide. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

if participants did not show up and did not notify IRCC, shame on IRCC.
Also, if participants did not show up due to IRCC or a glitch, still shame on IRCC.

How's that?

pg27

Jan 31, 2016
if participants did not show up and did not notify IRCC, shame on IRCC.
Also, if participants did not show up due to IRCC or a glitch, still shame on IRCC.

How's that?
I didn't say shame on IRCC.
I meant we really don't know actual reason, so let process flow itself.

I am assuming system glitches as I didn't receive email invitation for test, and another applicant was about to miss test opportunity.

Wish you all the best!