+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Tracker updated a week+ ago about test invitation but I didn't get any emails yet. Can I schedule the test without the email in case they never send it? If yes then what info is needed and how please.

Thanks

Last edited:

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Updates to my timeline:

Citizenship test invitation: 14OCT2021
Citizenship test successfully completed 07NOV2021 (virtual)

Language, Physical, and Prohibitions are still In Progress.

I didn't receive an email with the invitation to take the test so it was pure luck that my husband asked me what stage my application was at and I went in to check. Imagine my surprise last week at finding an invitation to take the test and with a last deadline of 09NOV2021.
I thought there is a 3-week window for taking the test. Your window seems more than 3 weeks.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Tracker updated a week+ ago about test invitation but I didn't get any emails yet. Can I schedule the test without the email in case they never send it? If yes then what info is needed and how please.

Thanks
Yes you just need your UCI and application numbers to log in and take the test and any piece of ID.
Test link is available online at IRCC
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start

Reactions: Yawza

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Update: Finally Done my oath today; hopefully citizenship certificate will be received soon. July 30th, 2020 Applicant. We were approved for UP on Sep 15th, 2021. Kitchener Office. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

RSM2021

Nov 5, 2021
Update: Finally Done my oath today; hopefully citizenship certificate will be received soon. July 30th, 2020 Applicant. We were approved for UP on Sep 15th, 2021. Kitchener Office. Good luck everyone.
If you don't mind stating what was the reason for urgent processing request you provided and was it done via a web format please?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
If you don't mind stating what was the reason for urgent processing request you provided and was it done via a web format please?
Death in the family with no passport in our other nationality and no chance to get a national passport in Canada.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Yeah. I'm glad you both have DM now and you guys will most likely attend the oath ceremony together. Hopefully, you get the date soon.

All the best!
Hi Raj,
Tracker updated for oath ceremony on 27th November for my spouse and daughter.
No updates for me yet eventhough I got "Decision Made" way before them

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,
Tracker updated for oath ceremony on 27th November for my spouse and daughter.
No updates for me yet eventhough I got "Decision Made" way before them
Hmmm that's weird. Write an email to IRCC or call them and let them know you'd like to take oath as a family. They might accommodate this request.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hmmm that's weird. Write an email to IRCC or call them and let them know you'd like to take oath as a family. They might accommodate this request.
Last week I wrote to them and asked when can I expect my oath invitation as I may need to travel. Are there any chances that I can get it before 7th December and they said "NO". I am thinking to wait for the email for my spouse and then check with IRCC if they can accommodate me with my family.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Last week I wrote to them and asked when can I expect my oath invitation as I may need to travel. Are there any chances that I can get it before 7th December and they said "NO". I am thinking to wait for the email for my spouse and then check with IRCC if they can accommodate me with my family.
Yes, once your spouse receives her email, respond to that, provide your UCI and ask them if they can accommodate you in the same ceremony.

Reactions: Vigilant

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
you can send to your office an confirm. I did that with Kitchener office. They added me to my husband's oath ceremony.

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
Language, Physical, and Prohibitions have been updated to completed on Nov 9th. Ecas just changed to DM.
Hope to receive oath letter soon.