+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Pickachu21

May 17, 2021
I received an update on 25th Oct on tracker and today I have received an email for oath. If someone wants to add me on list.

another thing I like to mention ,my friend and I both submitted our application together on 16th July 2020. I am on the last step whereas he got his last update on 23rd April 2021 . he is still waiting for test .

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

Update to my application:

Both of the portals were updated for me overnight. The old one has changed to 'decision made' while the newer one now says completed for everything except the oath ceremony part which says not started. Overall the status says 'in progress'.

So DM November 2nd and language/background/physical presence all completed now. I have yet to receive an email with this update. My office is Ottawa.

What should I expect next? Thanks and keep the faith!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,

Update to my application:

Both of the portals were updated for me overnight. The old one has changed to 'decision made' while the newer one now says completed for everything except the oath ceremony part which says not started. Overall the status says 'in progress'.

So DM November 2nd and language/background/physical presence all completed now. I have yet to receive an email with this update. My office is Ottawa.

What should I expect next? Thanks and keep the faith!
There is no email update for DM. The next step is the oath.

Reactions: Mutenye

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
There is no email update for DM. The next step is the oath.
Hi, so basically I'll be waiting for a letter in the mail? Cheers.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, so basically I'll be waiting for a letter in the mail? Cheers.
There is no letter, email or mail, for DM. For the oath, you will first see the update on the new tracker, and receive and email letter (if you provided one with your application) with the details.

zi

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Same situation, I applied July 2020 and last update was 23rd April 2021. No test invites yet.
My wife that I invited to Canada applied this year April and has gotten test invite, though she did online application.
It does not make sense to me, How can they do that. They should follow ‘first in first out’ principle of merit. Just an opinion..

Reactions: vvarma

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Has anyone (those who have completed the test and yet to receive oath date) just emailed the processing office and asked for what the delay is with their application? I am in two minds whether to ask...

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
It does not make sense to me, How can they do that. They should follow ‘first in first out’ principle of merit. Just an opinion..
They have recently admitted that they are doing Online apps simultaneously in one of their official emails to a 2019 applicant - see below. I guess for CIC its all about moving back towards their 1 year target for 80% applicants. Smart of them!

Applications are processed utilizing a first-in first-out processing model, with a small number of the oldest e-applications being processed as well. This ensures that the oldest of paper applications are processed while also allowing the move towards online services.

Last edited:

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hi all, I just received an email notification for the Oath Ceremony for November 16th. I hope everyone receives the awaited email soon enough!

Last edited:

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
@anton1990 ,,
Online is much faster than paper as i think would be.
Our application are not anymore in normal processing time.
As trending application ahead of us it will take longer.
Hi, I would defer to others with solid data on this, but I, for instance, submitted a paper application and didn't experience significant delays. I also noticed your signature says that background checks are done, so I would say the longest part of the process is done.

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Probably this question has been asked a million times, what are the best resources to practice the citizenship test beside discover Canada?
There is also a Facebook group "Canadian Citizenship Test". really useful and supportive.

Reactions: Yawza

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Hi all, I just received an email notification for the Oath Ceremony for November 16th. I hope everyone receives the awaited email soon enough!
Congratulations!
I’m a July 2020 applicant too. I got DM on July 5 2021 and have been waiting for 4 months for oath invitation.
Would you mind to share when you wrote test and when got DM? Thank you!

Reactions: clayera

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Congratulations!
I’m a July 2020 applicant too. I got DM on July 5 2021 and have been waiting for 4 months for an oath invitation.
Would you mind to share when you wrote test and when got DM? Thank you!
Thanks! I took my test last May and I am not sure when exactly I got a DM but it was likely at the beginning of August.

Reactions: happysheep