Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Congrats! Please update when you receive test invitation via email and once after you take the test.

Thanks!
Hi,

Received email to appear in test last night (June 7th to June 27th). Please update and also change the application submission date to July 2, 2020 instead of July 22.

Thanks.

Shaz001

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Are there people still waiting for test invite from July?
My process started on January 26 and march 9th background check completed.
Still waiting for Test invite?
Any one in similar situation?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Are there people still waiting for test invite from July?
My process started on January 26 and march 9th background check completed.
Still waiting for Test invite?
Any one in similar situation?
A lot of people from July 2020 and even those who applied much before that are waiting for test invitations.

Mpvzla

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017
My citizenship test status was changed to Completed on the new tracker this morning. Does this mean the results were validated?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram
May 31, 2021
I am curious to understand how applications are processed and why some applicants get prioritized over others. For example, I have a friend who sent his application in Dec 2020. I sent my application in July 2020. He has now had his citizenship test and I am still waiting for my date to be confirmed. By background check was completed in Jan 2021. This is also the case when looking through the tracker sheets. There is no clear method to the madness. It feels like the workers come to work each day, throw all the applications on the floor and just pick at random which ones they process........somewhat venting here but does anyone have any insight into this seemingly 'black hole" of a process? I come from NZ, married to a Candian, lived in Canada for 6 years under PR. Clean criminal record and work as an executive for a global company.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am curious to understand how applications are processed and why some applicants get prioritized over others. For example, I have a friend who sent his application in Dec 2020. I sent my application in July 2020. He has now had his citizenship test and I am still waiting for my date to be confirmed. By background check was completed in Jan 2021. This is also the case when looking through the tracker sheets. There is no clear method to the madness. It feels like the workers come to work each day, throw all the applications on the floor and just pick at random which ones they process........somewhat venting here but does anyone have any insight into this seemingly 'black hole" of a process? I come from NZ, married to a Candian, lived in Canada for 6 years under PR. Clean criminal record and work as an executive for a global company.
December 2020 online applicants were the first ones in the pilot project. Several of them have even taken their oath towards the end of May / Beginning of June. Don't compare your timelines with the timelines of online applicants. I guess the workflow is different.

As for the delays in paper applications, yes - there are huge delays. This is partly due to the pandemic, partly because there was a bug in the IRCC system that prevented them from submitting RCMP clearance requests (until May last year, not sure when the problems started) and partly due to the still ongoing (and lame excuse) that the delays are because of the pandemic. You can't fix a mistake before you agree it exists. IRCC, IMO, needs to step up, accept these gargantuan backlogs are unacceptable and scale their systems/hire more staff to fix the backlogs.

Also, the prioritization is out of whack. There are 2019 applicants still waiting but IRCC moved on to 2020 applicants. Paper applicants who submitted applications as late as November 2020 have received test invites (a small number of applicants though). This is because the process of sending test invites is initiated by the local office AFAIK. Local offices that do not have enough staff / staff not coming to work because of COVID might not be able to send much or any test invites at all. The applications would sit in the office's registry collecting dust.

Let's see what the next 2 months bring. Hopefully, we'll see some good progress.

Good luck to people who are still waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: danielstgeorge

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
We all share the same frustration as you. The processing times largely depends on the office your application is being processed from.. And other factors such as low-risk individual (unclear how they determine this).

I think we’ll see great progress before the end of the summer since vaccination ramped up significantly. Fingers crossed though.

Reactions: danielstgeorge

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
CIC sucks big-time! I moved to Canada 11 years back on a student visa. Never had any problems with Cic or law enforcement. Only travelled outside twice that to just for 30 days in total in last 11 years.Remained Employed during the last 10 years. Not sure why the hell criminality is taking this frekking long. Many Nov/dec2020 applicants are done with test. Not sure what went wrong with me.

Reactions: novascotia27

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
CIC sucks big-time! I moved to Canada 11 years back on a student visa. Never had any problems with Cic or law enforcement. Only travelled outside twice that to just for 30 days in total in last 11 years.Remained Employed during the last 10 years. Not sure why the hell criminality is taking this frekking long. Many Nov/dec2020 applicants are done with test. Not sure what went wrong with me.
Hey

All of us are waiting. And it is not just u. I do not see a lot of nov 2020 getting test invites. Only some dec 2020 applicants got tests.

Everybody is waiting

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Just a suggestion, why don't you apply for police check on your on from provinces you lived in Canada in last 11 years ? It's possible that you may get your own checks done quicker than IRCC. This way you would be able to see what's going on.

I am stuck at security which has no boundaries, its like a rabbit hole otherwise i would have applied for security check on my own to know what the heck is going on.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
My friend I applied in June 2020 and have the same status as yours, everything is in process even the background verification. I also wanna highlight one of the theories/questions you posted earlier “ that you moved addresses and employers during your eligibility period” that sounds right to me this can impact the application ;the same is with me and background is still process.