+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Tobyvan94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Do you think they will be paying interest on the $630 paid to them nearly a year ago?
I believed there was a thread or someone mentioned that it might be possible if it's more than year to return money. But I think they counting time since getting AOR and not receiving application.

May 31, 2021
Having a common name isn't necessarily the issue. I have never met anyone with the same name as me. I have lived in Canada for over 30 years and 27 years at the same job and home address.

My Landed Immigrant and PR status have always been kept up to date. (My PR card has just lapsed and I am in the same situation with the renewal times with that).

I do not need the language or immigration test because I am over 55. I have been asked for fingerprints (which I supplied 3 months ago) and my case is still in limbo like most other people.

I think the COVID excuse is starting to wear off.

Do you think they will be paying interest on the $630 paid to them nearly a year ago?
I am in the exact same situation. The Covid excuse is a lame excuse. Unfortunately I am also in management consulting and have worked for government orgs before. Highly inefficient with lots of manual processes and the reliance on people to manage and track work, while at the same time working minimal hours to get s%$t done. It wouldn't surprise me either that piles of paper are sitting on someone's desk, where that said person has gone on vacation, off sick or just plain can't be bothered. No one will be picking up the slack and the pile will be collecting dust.....I am sort of joking but at the same time, reality might not be too far off this story.

The question is, what can we do? Let me know if you are successful clawing money back from the government - good luck with that one!

Reactions: novascotia27

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Please update me once you have taken the test so that I can update the tracker.
Hey @rajkamalmohanram thank you for updating spreadsheet and creating new thread for Citizenship study. It was busy at work. I do my best to check forum once a day or once every few days

Have a good day

Anton

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Via Rail

Aug 8, 2016
I got test invite by email now.
I've not been reading, I'm not ready. Can anyone please help me with what to read or the practice questions link.
Thanks

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Got an update on my Background Check is complete June 8 2021.
They received my fingerprint June 7.
Any days now I will receive Test invite didn't even start reading or reviewing my practise test materials.
Anyway Im 51 yrs old now if not lucky to pass I wait 3 more years to be exempted in Test. I am not worried.
I will be Canadian in 3 years. See you guys.