+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
The far more complicated PR application where you have to send x10 more documents from your entire life took around 3-4 months to process.

And Citizen application where they have to check only few documents, taking them over the year to process. The whole citizenship process after you meet all requirements should take 1-2 months and not 1-2 year.
It is the North American bureaucracy which is spread across all sectors, not only immigration. You should see it in the corporate world lol.

Tobyvan94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I received it via email. I have been a Landed Immigrant and Permanent Resident in Canada for nearly 30 years. I don't have a common name and I was selected for it. Not everyone gets it. It might be a random selection. I just hope it doesn't extend the processing time further than it has already.
How and where did you get those fingerprints? At police station or service Canada? It was ink one or electronic one?

Reactions: jueves

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
How and where did you get those fingerprints? At police station or service Canada? It was ink one or electronic one?
I had to do it at an approved RCMP agency as Police stations were not conducting this service during Covid. They are done electronically and they take your picture as well. It costs $55 plus tax and takes three to four business days (if clear) before they send it to Sydney.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Can anyone please update the sheet. My application is in progress since February 9th 2021.

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
I remember a few years back citizenship process for most straightforward applicants was this quick, even the slower ones got processed in 6-8 months time.

not sure if the above person had their file under urgent processing?

some minor and 55 years older applications have moved faster cause of no knowledge test requirement.

we might get lucky in the coming months if online test and oath ceremonies are scaled up by sleepy IRCC
or DEc 2019 Typo

fullmooncirc

May 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

im a pretty crazy situation. I would love to get some advice !

Application sent: July 15 2020
Application received: July 21 2020

On Jan 21, I finally got a letter in the mail (even tho I chose email for preferred contact)

they have deemed my application INCOMPLETE saying that all forms Were signed and dated more than 3 months before the date of... Receipt/Beginning of processing? (not sure)

This is not true. I signed and dated the applications by hand on the day I mailed them.

I have waited 8 months for this answer. They are returning my pay and are asking me to submit a new application where the date and signature is less than 3 months old.

how can they do this?????? Can I contest this decision? This is delaying the whole process by almost a year for me...

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello everyone,

im a pretty crazy situation. I would love to get some advice !

Application sent: July 15 2020
Application received: July 21 2020

On Jan 21, I finally got a letter in the mail (even tho I chose email for preferred contact)

they have deemed my application INCOMPLETE saying that all forms Were signed and dated more than 3 months before the date of... Receipt/Beginning of processing? (not sure)

This is not true. I signed and dated the applications by hand on the day I mailed them.

I have waited 8 months for this answer. They are returning my pay and are asking me to submit a new application where the date and signature is less than 3 months old.

how can they do this?????? Can I contest this decision? This is delaying the whole process by almost a year for me...
even if you are going to contest this decision, you have to submit your application again with IRCC