+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

BraveTeam

Oct 9, 2017
Hello,
Today I received a phone call from CiC the lady on phone said that you know that your home country passport expired, do you have any plan to travel? I said no I have not any plan to travel due to COVID, she said ok. I asked her can this issue delay my application process she said no. Anybody in the forums have received such call from CIC, or they ask anybody for their passport expiry etc.
Your comments please thank you
I believe it’s not an issue to apply with an expired passport (when not specified) so long as you clearly comment that you do not have any plan to travel. I know people that have done it in the past (for citizenship application). You probably didn’t comment on your travel plan and the reason you didn’t renew your passport before applying, which were the reasons she called you. You should be excited though, that tells you that things are looking good for you.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Finally, my ECAS status has been changed to "Application received on 31st July". Thinking of calling them tomorrow to receive the application number and primary communication method. Could someone please provide me with the phone number and the number codes to reach an agent?

Also, could someone please update the spreadsheet for me? Thanks

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Checked the ecas today and looks like my application started processing on January 12, 2021.

Please updated the spreadsheet.

One thing, I found that my current home address is different than the current mailing address in ecas. Home address showing the one in Canada and mailing address showing my address from the country of birth. Is that normal?
I had the same issue. Click the Update Home Address link and update your home / mailing address. It will take 2-3 business days to update the system.

Reactions: zstream

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Congrats. It's an AOR. Call IRCC customer care and ask them to share the application number and when you will receive AOR by email.
Also, ask them what's the primary comm mode. Is it email or mail?

you can also read my post of last week where I have explained well on this matter
I called them today, and the agent told me there is no application number! So I assume the Ecas status is not an AOR. she said your application is uploaded to the system and we will send an email once the processing started! I asked them to update my mailing address and to send all communication via email.

• Wow
Reactions: michel_hammamet

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
I called them today, and the agent told me there is no application number! So I assume the Ecas status is not an AOR. she said your application is uploaded to the system and we will send an email once the processing started! I asked them to update my mailing address and to send all communication via email.
Well, yes. I would say it is a preview for the upcoming good news :)

Reactions: Hanan22

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Just to confirm, receiving an AOR or application received in ECAS (NO AOR email) means that they have checked the documents and the applications won't be returned?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
That's bit strange. We have around 10-15 of us in July applicants... were given the application number on the phone told that we will be getting the communication soon in email or mail. as it's in queue. Also, told that this is done post validation of documents.

The status will change to in progress once it's sent to local office.(Ex: Toronto, Montreal and so on..)

Reactions: Hanan22

KMTL

Dec 7, 2020
@NMontD , I called this morning to get my application number and they also told me that my file was just opened and entered into the system. application number is not available yet. I would get the AOR in upcoming weeks.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
@NMontD , I called this morning to get my application number and they also told me that my file was just opened and entered into the system. application number is not available yet. I would get the AOR in upcoming weeks.
Hi @KMTL, So they didn't provide you any application number that starts with C001*******? Not sure my friend in that case. If you backtrack conversation from page around 105 onwards you will see. Most of us got the application numbers like i said before and we are also able to see the status same as UCI number when we search with application number in ECAS.

KMTL

Dec 7, 2020
@NMontD No they did not provide me any application number, they said application number is not issued yet. I was following the old conversations and found it seems to be a trend that after getting Status Application Received on ECAS, everybody calls CIC and they give application number on phone. But they did not do that for me this morning. Something changed apparently.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Finally, my ECAS status has been changed to "Application received on 31st July". Thinking of calling them tomorrow to receive the application number and primary communication method. Could someone please provide me with the phone number and the number codes to reach an agent?

Also, could someone please update the spreadsheet for me? Thanks
Called this morning and received my application number. The nice lady also put a request note on my behalf to send the AOR email.

And I also asked about the "Discover Canada" book, she asked if I want her to send me an email with the download link of the book. I confirmed and she emailed me right away.

Do you guys link your citizenship application to the MyCIC account after receiving the application number?

lions

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Just to confirm, receiving an AOR or application received in ECAS (NO AOR email) means that they have checked the documents and the applications won't be returned?

Yes i would like to know as well if app received is like 70 or 80 % confirmation?? Or we have to wait until the decision is made..

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Called this morning and received my application number. The nice lady also put a request note on my behalf to send the AOR email.

And I also asked about the "Discover Canada" book, she asked if I want her to send me an email with the download link of the book. I confirmed and she emailed me right away.

Do you guys link your citizenship application to the MyCIC account after receiving the application number?
I believe you can only link Proof of Citizenship and Search of Citizenship applications and not Grant of Citizenship applications in the Citizenship category.