+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

lions

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi All - any idea if the new shutdown in Ontario will impact processing of any Ontario based applications?

I hope not...it not a lock down...people are still working from home...or processing the case file...i hope governments office are still running...

Nenuinthey

Oct 28, 2013
Hi,

Kindly update the following.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 6, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January 13, 2021.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Kindly update the following.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 6, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January 13, 2021.
I've added you to the tracker. Please provide the following information so that it is complete :

City you live in
Family or Single application
Physical presence (# of days)
Date you sent your application

Nenuinthey

Oct 28, 2013
I've added you to the tracker. Please provide the following information so that it is complete :

City you live in
Family or Single application
Physical presence (# of days)
Date you sent your application
I couldn't check the directory, my record might have already existed before, as I gave this information in the month of November to update in the tracker. Please don't create duplicate entry.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I couldn't check the directory, my record might have already existed before, as I gave this information in the month of November to update in the tracker. Please don't create duplicate entry.
Your entry wasn't there. The sheet checks for duplicates when I enter the information. Unless you gave your details under a different name, it wasn't there.

The link to the sheet is in my signature.

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
What is the best way to change the addresses? Is it better to submit a webform or do it within ECAS? Ecas gives the option to update the address but the fact that I also didn't receive the AOR emails is concerning to me and I don't want to confuse the system since we are moving.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What is the best way to change the addresses? Is it better to submit a webform or do it within ECAS? Ecas gives the option to update the address but the fact that I also didn't receive the AOR emails is concerning to me and I don't want to confuse the system since we are moving.
I would recommend that you do it through ECAS.

Reactions: Yawza

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
I have same situation(already moved) and submitted the change request already through ECS. I don't think in whichever we do - it's going to confuse the system since ultimately everyone probably has a master file. This is my assumption - if anyone knows better please correct me.

Reactions: Yawza

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hello guys, I just check my application status, and today it shows application received since July 30th. What does it mean? Also, it shows my new home address and my old mailing address! which doesn't make sense as I updated my address everywhere!

Application Received:
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

Reactions: michel_hammamet

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I recently updated my address using the change address link on ECAS. It was changed in a couple of days.

Reactions: nila001 and Yawza