+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I called IRCC today, they gave me an application number, but not yet Received AOR. They said you are in the queue for receiving.
Ya same thing for few of us. We need to wait for post to deliver the mail. Ask them if your primary communication mode is email or mail ?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
But my mailing address shown there is the old mailing address used during PR

you need to correct it in ECAS under update address or call IRCC to change it. Not sure the impact if they communicate the AOR via mail rather than email

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Friends

Important July 2020 applicants whose AOR was not issued so far. I have seen maybe a couple of applicants where our ecas shows "Application Received" and no further information other than update the mail address and when were docs received. Normally seen from applications updated in ecas from 23-December.

Upon call IRCC call center, they were able to share the application numbers (including family members) with "C00*********" and told that our communication preferred methods are mail(post) rather than email. In fact, I found that my email address on their file is updated. Agent told to get it updated in Webform but not sure if it will reflect.

One good news is we have application numbers generated but may need to wait for getting the letters by post given the fact there were holidays in between.

Also, you are finding the same details as of UCI number when you try to track using application number in Ecas.

In a nutshell, whoever has seen the status of "application received", recommends you call IRCC and get confirmed if the AORs are issued and if so ask for numbers. Also, confirm on the communication channel if it's email or mail.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Dear Friends

Important July 2020 applicants whose AOR was not issued so far. I have seen maybe a couple of applicants where our ecas shows "Application Received" and no further information other than update the mail address and when were docs received. Normally seen from applications updated in ecas from 23-December.

Upon call IRCC call center, they were able to share the application numbers (including family members) with "C00*********" and told that our communication preferred methods are mail(post) rather than email. In fact, I found that my email address on their file is updated. Agent told to get it updated in Webform but not sure if it will reflect.

One good news is we have application numbers generated but may need to wait for getting the letters by post given the fact there were holidays in between.

Also, you are finding the same details as of UCI number when you try to track using application number in Ecas.

In a nutshell, whoever has seen the status of "application received", recommends you call IRCC and get confirmed if the AORs are issued and if so ask for numbers. Also, confirm on the communication channel if it's email or mail.
It's an error from CIC I never choose mail as a preferred communication option. How can they gave the same excuse to all of us from July...
My call center agent was able to change it back to email if there is anything to communicate after AOR.
Thanks

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
It's an error from CIC I never choose mail as a preferred communication option. How can they gave the same excuse to all of us from July...
My call center agent was able to change it back to email if there is anything to communicate after AOR.
Thanks
Hmm. I agree that there is an error from their end.

Not in my case though.. I have updated above what they conveyed me.. Now i need to fill the webform :(

Reactions: Canadiann2020

GARRY2262

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Dear Friends

Even if they sent by mail, it will be seen in line no. 2 “We sent you acknowledgement .....”. In this case, Aor will receive once it generated in the auto system and then receive via email as far i saw in cases.
Thanks

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
No i dont see it yet
You don't see anything at all? I am asking because ecas system is saying cannot find my file and I am assuming that if I call them then they won't be able to give me any info since ecas cannot find any details

lions

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Report a problem or mistake on this page

What is this message means guys...

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Even if they sent by mail, it will be seen in line no. 2 “We sent you acknowledgement .....”. In this case, Aor will receive once it generated in the auto system and then receive via email as far i saw in cases.
Thanks

That's right. but in my case mail is not sent out and agent told me that it will be done soon. Like i mentioned in my few posts before, my status got changes 31-Dec late night and the first business day started only yesterday 04-Jan-2021. I am anticipating to receive the letters by post around 15-Jan.

Then the line 2 should appear.

Om1280

Nov 1, 2016
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Report a problem or mistake on this page

What is this message means guys...

This means they have not entered your information into the system. There are different views on this but I believe it could mean, (i) either your package has not been opened, or (ii) your information/docs are being initially reviewed for completeness/errors before entering to the system.

When was your package delivered?
Mine was delivered July 15th and I have not received AOR. The Ecas also doesn't show anything.

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
my package was delivered on July 15th as well and i have not received AOR.....

iggoorrss

Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

My stats are:

- Application received July 9nth 2020 from Toronto to Sydney NS;
- ECAS status changed this week: Application received.

No mails or emails yet. But it's nice, things are moving!

Last edited: