+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Members,

Just in a couple of months, I will be eligible for citizenship. However, I have been overthinking lately over an issue.

My wife's spousal application is in process and it also required an address history for the last 5 years. I had put my current address from Aug 2019 however I signed the lease at the end of Feb 2019 but was still spending time at my old address. My old address is of my father's childhood friend where I spend the majority of the time despite signing the current lease. I updated my current address officially in Aug 2019 so that is the date I put on the form.

I have already got approved as a sponsor on my wife's application. However, after so many people being asked for lease, OHIP history, and T4/ROE after submitting their citizenship application I am a bit worried if I should update the address on the wife's application. Would it impact my sponsor's approval status? What would be a wise approach? Send them an updated form with LOE via web form however, I am only afraid if It would have any impact on my approved Sponsor status. Another option I have to stick to the same address history and provide LOE if asked for lease etc after submitting the citizenship application.

P.S. I am working since I landed and have only visited my home country twice for 15 and 21 days.

Please advise.

It is a complicated situation that where address A is my previous address and address B is my current address. For address B, I signed a lease at end of Feb 2019 but partially moved in March and permanently moved in Aug 2019 when I changed my address in all official documents banks and govt. I am only afraid of changing anything now will impact my current application or future application.

Should I update the address to what? Feb 2019 or March 2019 or leave it. For the current address, I have a lease and tenant insurance, please note that the lease is shared with the other two people I don't know if it has any impact. I am confused about what to do :)

The form submitted has Address A till Aug 2019 and Address B from Aug 2019. I should have it overlapped but I was not unsure how to list it.

Please someone advise

ViktorG

Sep 14, 2020
Thanks Yawza for the response. I backtracked the forum and one of the applicant has called IRCC regarding this "Application Received" status and seems they had some issues printing the letter and mailing

hi @ViktorG , any further update on your application. My status also shows " Application received" today with one liner...
Hi,

No updates. The status is still the same 'Application Received'. When I've checked details, 'application received' means that 'officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements'. Technically, they can return my documents if there are some issues with them.

So, it seems like AOR and 'Application Received' are two different things. I am a bit confused because some people say that if I get 'Application Received' status then I should get AOR shortly.

Guys, could you please clarify for me. Thank you

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi,

No updates. The status is still the same 'Application Received'. When I've checked details, 'application received' means that 'officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements'. Technically, they can return my documents if there are some issues with them.

So, it seems like AOR and 'Application Received' are two different things. I am a bit confused because some people say that if I get 'Application Received' status then I should get AOR shortly.

Guys, could you please clarify for me. Thank you

Thanks for clarifying @ViktorG for the response. I thought we are close to getting the AOR... Didn't know there is also a chance of the return of documents.

let's see the clarity from others

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for clarifying @ViktorG for the response. I thought we are close to getting the AOR... Didn't know there is also a chance of the return of documents.

let's see the clarity from others
Guys if your application shows up on ECAS your application is complete. You will receive your AOR shortly. My application status is the same one liner but when I called the call they gave me my AOR on the phone itself. I could access my application on ECAS through same AOR,UCI,PR card number etc. But I haven't still recieved my actual AOR thought email or mail.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks, @Canadiann2020, I did the same as you and got the AOR numbers after calling the IRCC call center. They told me that communication will be sent out to us soon. So, i have the AOR numbers of all 4 of us. I was also ale to track the details with

Hi @ViktorG , you may call them in case if you need to know the AOR numbers.

Reactions: Canadiann2020

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Thanks, @Canadiann2020, I did the same as you and got the AOR numbers after calling the IRCC call center. They told me that communication will be sent out to us soon. So, i have the AOR numbers of all 4 of us. I was also ale to track the details with

Hi @ViktorG , you may call them in case if you need to know the AOR numbers.
what is AOR number?? Is it the application number starting with c001*****??

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
The agent told me that unless the email address is wrong(not in my case), the communication will be always email. Otherwise by post. i have told that email will be received soon. As long as we have C****** number we have we must not be worried. Yes, after few days still didn't received means(post or email), then need to ask them

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Thanks even I get that from IRCC agent, however my correspondence is also showing as mail ,we can request to change that by submitting webform only!! No other way
I remember putting my email address and email as a mode of communication but for some reason CIC agent told me that my communications were set to mail so I told th to change it back to email on the phone no web form needed.

fullmooncirc

May 8, 2015
Hello, I sent my application in July 2020. I have never received AOR. I am unable to see the status of the application online, so I decided to submit a form thru the CIC website.

They have answered me confirming that they do not have my application in the system at all. They have asked me to contact the post office to see what happened to my application. I contacted Canada Post where they told me there is nothing they can do because I sent it without a tracking number.

Nobody knows where my application is, I have been waiting for 6 months.

what on earth do I do? Help..

Mr305

Jan 26, 2018
1 (888) 242-2100. Its a General IRCC call centre
Hello, I sent my application in July 2020. I have never received AOR. I am unable to see the status of the application online, so I decided to submit a form thru the CIC website.

They have answered me confirming that they do not have my application in the system at all. They have asked me to contact the post office to see what happened to my application. I contacted Canada Post where they told me there is nothing they can do because I sent it without a tracking number.

Nobody knows where my application is, I have been waiting for 6 months.

what on earth do I do? Help..