Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I got a reply from the web form. Useless as usual. It is unfair that our application is not touched and still on the shelfs while October ones are getting movement

july 23 application

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only. We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We are making all the necessary efforts to process applications as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Hi
What I noticed in the spread sheet that the application are being put in process as per date of receipt irrespective of issuance of AOR. Currently they are processing the June applications so July will be the next. Hope you will get your AOR and "In Process" almost the same time. I received AOR on November 3rd and still waiting for "In Process" line.

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Members,

Just in a couple of months, I will be eligible for citizenship. However, I have been overthinking lately over an issue.

My wife's spousal application is in process and it also required an address history for the last 5 years. I had put my current address from Aug 2019 however I signed the lease at the end of Feb 2019 but was still spending time at my old address. My old address is of my father's childhood friend where I spend the majority of the time despite signing the current lease. I updated my current address officially in Aug 2019 so that is the date I put on the form.

I have already got approved as a sponsor on my wife's application. However, after so many people being asked for lease, OHIP history, and T4/ROE after submitting their citizenship application I am a bit worried if I should update the address on the wife's application. Would it impact my sponsor's approval status? What would be a wise approach? Send them an updated form with LOE via web form however, I am only afraid if It would have any impact on my approved Sponsor status. Another option I have to stick to the same address history and provide LOE if asked for lease etc after submitting the citizenship application.

P.S. I am working since I landed and have only visited my home country twice for 15 and 21 days.

Please advise.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hello

Update:

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/12/pre-departure-covid-19-testing-and-negative-results-to-be-required-for-all-air-travellers-coming-to-canada.html

For those that are to get the Visa and PR, please read this before leaving. Starting up january 7th.

The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, is requiring that, effective January 7, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. EST, all air passengers five years of age or older will be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling from another country to Canada.

(Obviously the tests are at the passagers fees)

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Friends,

When I checked my and family members in "Client Application Status", for all of us under "Citizenship Application Status" it says " Application Received".
Could you please help in knowing this. I have not received any email yet or anything on the post. Last time i had checked was on 31-Dec.

App received was 15-July-2020.

This is where i checked : https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
For the people who knew about their application status through Ecas/online system, did you check before and the application status was not available then it became available or you never checked until you figured out there is no AOR so that triggered the check?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
For the people who knew about their application status through Ecas/online system, did you check before and the application status was not available then it became available or you never checked until you figured out there is no AOR so that triggered the check?
I was always checking for last 3-4 months and it was always that standard error of unable to find the application.

Now when i checked today(i didn't checked for last 2 days), it showed the status of "Application Received". Any idea what does that means from the members who already seen this?

Reactions: Yawza

Yawza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
I was always checking for last 3-4 months and it was always that standard error of unable to find the application.

Now when i checked today(i didn't checked for last 2 days), it showed the status of "Application Received". Any idea what does that means from the members who already seen this?
Application received means that they got your application which means they have checked it so it is good as far as I recall. You should see started processing soon (in the next few months)

Application received is basically what the AOR should tell you. Many applicants didn't receive an AOR but are able to check it online which means they are good (eventually you will get that AOR email but the ECAS update is what everyone is looking for)

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks Yawza for the response. I backtracked the forum and one of the applicant has called IRCC regarding this "Application Received" status and seems they had some issues printing the letter and mailing

Hi Guys,

My application was received on July 8th. I am still waiting for AOR.

The good news is that today I checked the status of the applications using UCI and for the first time ever it showed both applications - for me and my wife - were received ('Application Received').

In details for a Canadian Citizenship Application, it says that for received applications 'officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements'. I assume that they will send AOR after reviewing. Am I right? Do you know how long it takes for them to review the applications if they already started?

Also, should we start preparing for a citizenship test? How much time do we have from getting AOR to an actual citizenship test day?

Thanks all

hi @ViktorG , any further update on your application. My status also shows " Application received" today with one liner...

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hey guy,
Just a heads-up my correspondence option was changed to mail instead of email for some reason. ECAS shows just one line that my application was received in July.. that's it.
So when I called CIC today I was told that AOR was issued already but it's in process of printing the letter and mailing out so it may take time to recieve actual AOR mail so in the mean time I was given AOR over the phone.

Good luck!!
Happy new year!!

Hi,

any update after this. Where we can see the "correspondence option was changed to mail instead of email"

_Liz_

Jul 4, 2020
I Just checked my ECAS status today, and it says "application received" !
Last time I checked was right before Christmas.