Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Be positive, soon u going to be Canadian
I followed up my fax with an email to see if they even received it. I forgot to mention that I live less than a 5 minute walk from where the office is and where they usually hold in person oath ceremonies. I'm thinking to call in person and see if I can get some timelines

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I followed up my fax with an email to see if they even received it. I forgot to mention that I live less than a 5 minute walk from where the office is and where they usually hold in person oath ceremonies. I'm thinking to call in person and see if I can get some timelines
IRCC strategy is : Never answer directly to the point, politely but NO transparency

Reactions: trumprefugee

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
IRCC strategy is : Never answer directly to the point, politely but NO transparency
The thing is, there is no connection between what IRCC do (processing applications) and what the local processing office does (Scheduling oaths). I'm not sure they're connected and neither seem to be accountable to the other... or anyone.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Just received today an email confirmation for our Oathtaking on Oct. 26, 2022. Exactly 27 months on that date. HUH. what can I say but thanks God finally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mutenye

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Just received today an email confirmation for our Oathtaking on Oct. 26, 2022. Exactly 27 months on that date. HUH. what can I say but thanks God finally.
Congratulations! I saw an update on the application tracker that I'll be invited for October 14. No email yet, but I'm sure it'll arrive. No details on whether it's online or in person. Hoping it's in person so I can walk out with my certificate and not wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive in the mail.

How have people's timelines been from oath ceremony to passport in your hand? I'm assuming oath, then 6-8 weeks for cert to arrive and then urgent processing for a passport which could take anywhere between 2-8 weeks? Just trying to understand how long I won't be able to travel and reenter Canada for? Feels like January

Reactions: Nebm31

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Congratulations! I saw an update on the application tracker that I'll be invited for October 14. No email yet, but I'm sure it'll arrive. No details on whether it's online or in person. Hoping it's in person so I can walk out with my certificate and not wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive in the mail.

How have people's timelines been from oath ceremony to passport in your hand? I'm assuming oath, then 6-8 weeks for cert to arrive and then urgent processing for a passport which could take anywhere between 2-8 weeks? Just trying to understand how long I won't be able to travel and reenter Canada for? Feels like January
Got an update on the tracker last Sept. 6 and an email last Tuesday Sept 27.

Reactions: Mutenye

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

I received this message in my tracker yesterday regarding an oath citizenship form. I've received nothing (checked spam etc.) and haven't been able to get through to anyone at IRCC (too busy and they hang up. tried maybe 30-40 times earlier this morning). I presume everything is closed on Monday next week too. My ceremony is next Friday but still have no idea if it's virtual or in-person as I haven't received the invite either. If I get nowhere with this next week and can't call IRCC because they don't answer, are there other actions I can take? Or anyone I can contact?

"We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.

If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you)"

Reactions: Nebm31

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

I received this message in my tracker yesterday regarding an oath citizenship form. I've received nothing (checked spam etc.) and haven't been able to get through to anyone at IRCC (too busy and they hang up. tried maybe 30-40 times earlier this morning). I presume everything is closed on Monday next week too. My ceremony is next Friday but still have no idea if it's virtual or in-person as I haven't received the invite either. If I get nowhere with this next week and can't call IRCC because they don't answer, are there other actions I can take? Or anyone I can contact?

"We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.

If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you)"
Update: Got through eventually. I've been scheduled for an in-person ceremony and while on the phone received two invites both missing a section on prohibitions that it states I need to have completed. I looked up the prohibitions form but it's a part of the initial citizenship application form (15 pages). Very confusing. If I hadn't called I doubt I'd have received the invite and would have missed the ceremony. Not to mention understanding how much time needs to be taken off for work... anyone dealt with the prohibitions form?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
All over and done with. In person ceremony in Ottawa. Off to get a passport now. Thanks for everyone's help over the last 28 months!
Congrats! That's nice to hear you had an in-person ceremony in Ottawa. I hadn't heard of any in-person after the special one that took place in the middle of a football game at the TD Stadium in July. Where in the city was yours held?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Congrats! That's nice to hear you had an in-person ceremony in Ottawa. I hadn't heard of any in-person after the special one that took place in the middle of a football game at the TD Stadium in July. Where in the city was yours held?
Held downtown at government offices on Queen street. I didn't get the invite until 3-4 days before and didn't know if it was in person or virtual until then. To be honest it was pretty unorganized with no accurate signage, people wondering around lost and the staff not really knowing which room/floor to go to etc. and lots of people confused about what was happening between registration and being assigned seats in the room etc. The bonus of course was that the certificate is presented there and then and not mailed out many weeks after. Everyone was extremely pleasant and kind but the general chaos of applying/waiting and poor communication is unfortunately carried on right up to taking your seat.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
We are proudly Canadian now.
Done our virtual oathtaking last Wednesday Oct 26. We were 120 participants.
Its been long way road to Citizenship 27 months in the making. From TFW in 2014 and pr in 2015.
Not included our first application in 2005 as FSW which the CIC then canceled all application.
18 years exact being here on this forums.
Thanks guy
God Bless Us All

Last edited: