+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Nothing to worry about. Just IDs check and language assessment. Nothing more.
Interview signals your file is moving ahead.
Thanks!
I want to open my business, today economy’s growth is low and finding a job that is enough to support a family, hard to find. Not because with a small business I’ll become rich, but at least to have a normal life. Having Canadian citizenship means that nobody can move me out and I can build my life in this country, definitely. Canadian status is the key to open the door for the future!
May be I’m wrong- but this is the way that I do think. I came in this country to build a life!

Reactions: Mutenye

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thanks!
I want to open my business, today economy’s growth is low and finding a job that is enough to support a family, hard to find. Not because with a small business I’ll become rich, but at least to have a normal life. Having Canadian citizenship means that nobody can move me out and I can build my life in this country, definitely. Canadian status is the key to open the door for the future!
May be I’m wrong- but this is the way that I do think. I came in this country to build a life!
Digital business is a much safer bet. No inventory, no shipping logistics. All work can be done remotely by offshore employees. I'm gonna make video games and sell them.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Sajid3157

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks!
I was so worried, because I just renewed my PR card few days ago. My residency obligations are ok, in 5 years only 290 days out of Canada. So, where is the point?
My mind was going crazy thinking that interview is not a good thing
It is nothing to worry about. IRCC might be doing it randomly. I was intervieved in end of June via Microsoft teams meeting. Although I had applied for citizenship with my wife and child but the interview was scheduled only for myself.

All I had to do was to show 2 pieces of ids (Drivers license + Health card in my case) as well as all pages of my current passport on camera. It was all done in just 10 minutes. After 4 weeks, I received Oath ceremony invitation.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
It is nothing to worry about. IRCC might be doing it randomly. I was intervieved in end of June via Microsoft teams meeting. Although I had applied for citizenship with my wife and child but the interview was scheduled only for myself.

All I had to do was to show 2 pieces of ids (Drivers license + Health card in my case) as well as all pages of my current passport on camera. It was all done in just 10 minutes. After 4 weeks, I received Oath ceremony invitation.
My friend, you can’t imagine how much you are helping people, with all your information. Since IRCC has no transparency in their work, this forum is the best lawyer in mercato!
thanks to everyone

Reactions: Sajid3157

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright my friends, it finally happened! After 26 months of waiting for my citizenship I've finally been scheduled for oath on the 15th of September. Thank you all for being so supportive during this time and I wish all of you get your citizenship as soon as humanly possible! Best of luck to everyone!

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Alright my friends, it finally happened! After 26 months of waiting for my citizenship I've finally been scheduled for oath on the 15th of September. Thank you all for being so supportive during this time and I wish all of you get your citizenship as soon as humanly possible! Best of luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Almost 26 months.!! Finally on the tracker we been schedule for oathtaking on Oct. 26.
Called CIC last week and here we go at least it went well.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Have a question my friend. My eldest daughter lost her Record of landing (COPR). Is explanation letter works. any thoughts. Thanks.
I mean the COPR that has a stamp upon landing here in Canada. I still got her COPR without the stamp.

Last edited:

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Called IRCC again (I called at 8AM and got the 'all our agents are busy, try again later' message 20 times before getting through to someone): Was told in April I'd be called in 6-10 weeks by local processing office. Nothing happened and they haven't responded to me since. As my application is now 27 months IRCC emailed the local office for me. They have no way to communicate with them or to force scheduling with local offices. They can just add a note and hope it causes someone to act in the local office. I also asked what would happen if I moved city/province. They said it could potentially delay my application further but also said it may have no effect. They also mentioned that there are now some occasional in person ceremonies. They suggested I 'fax' the local office in Ottawa and ask what happens if I move address. Apparently they read faxes... I've been told to wait another month before following up with IRCC. As we all know here, nothing will happen in that month.... They also mentioned that citizenship certificates are delayed by around 8 weeks currently (oath invite-oath ceremony- 8 week for certificate- and then a delayed passport process). Looking at those timelines you could be looking at 3-4 months of not being able to travel after the ceremony. Mentally I've already resigned myself to not being able to visit my family for Christmas even though I tried pushing this through for Christmas back in April...

I also asked for details so I can cancel my application. I'm seriously considering this option as Canada isn't treating me respectfully anymore and I feel I no longer want to be here. They said if I cancel I won't be given a refund... presently I have issues with Service Canada (awaiting resolution of a matter since February with them due to their incompetence), the health system (still have no family doctor in Canada and have been waiting over 3 years) and IRCC. I've turned down job opportunities abroad because of this process and managed a sick parent abroad in a way I wouldn't normally have because of this process also.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Called IRCC again (I called at 8AM and got the 'all our agents are busy, try again later' message 20 times before getting through to someone): Was told in April I'd be called in 6-10 weeks by local processing office. Nothing happened and they haven't responded to me since. As my application is now 27 months IRCC emailed the local office for me. They have no way to communicate with them or to force scheduling with local offices. They can just add a note and hope it causes someone to act in the local office. I also asked what would happen if I moved city/province. They said it could potentially delay my application further but also said it may have no effect. They also mentioned that there are now some occasional in person ceremonies. They suggested I 'fax' the local office in Ottawa and ask what happens if I move address. Apparently they read faxes... I've been told to wait another month before following up with IRCC. As we all know here, nothing will happen in that month.... They also mentioned that citizenship certificates are delayed by around 8 weeks currently (oath invite-oath ceremony- 8 week for certificate- and then a delayed passport process). Looking at those timelines you could be looking at 3-4 months of not being able to travel after the ceremony. Mentally I've already resigned myself to not being able to visit my family for Christmas even though I tried pushing this through for Christmas back in April...

I also asked for details so I can cancel my application. I'm seriously considering this option as Canada isn't treating me respectfully anymore and I feel I no longer want to be here. They said if I cancel I won't be given a refund... presently I have issues with Service Canada (awaiting resolution of a matter since February with them due to their incompetence), the health system (still have no family doctor in Canada and have been waiting over 3 years) and IRCC. I've turned down job opportunities abroad because of this process and managed a sick parent abroad in a way I wouldn't normally have because of this process also.
Geez, I'm 28 months in because I'm outside. But you're inside and yours is supposed to be faster...

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021

Be patient my friend! I had been expecting for 26 months and feel very lucky that IRCC decided to give me the day of Ceremony.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Be patient my friend! I had been expecting for 26 months and feel very lucky that IRCC decided to give me the day of Ceremony.
I 'faxed' Ottawa today. I'll let you all know how that works out... :D