+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

aspiringcanadian292

Feb 26, 2022
Wow so we got my notice to appear for my citizenship on April 7th! With the actual zoom info, seat number, and instructions this time. I say "we" because they sent it to my partner's email (????). But I'll take it!
Congratulations! Please enjoy this success and pray for the rest of us :D

Jun 27, 2018
I don’t know how true this is, but I find out that each time I apply for gcms notes there is movement in my tracker, after the first gcms note, I got an invite for the test and after the second gcms note everything was updated to complete except for oath…. However, in my second gcms note it says that I have been scheduled for a citizenship ceremony but the date hasn’t been updated on the tracker, in fact, in the tracker my citizenship ceremony is still set at not started. I checked ecas and it says that decision has been made. So hopefully in the coming weeks or months, this ordeal might be over. Calgary resident

GARRY2262

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello Anton and Everyone, While sending form back via email after Oath ceremony. I don’t understand subject line which says Clerk initials ?
Can someone please explain me who had done the Oath Ceremony ?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello Anton and Everyone, While sending form back via email after Oath ceremony. I don’t understand subject line which says Clerk initials ?
Can someone please explain me who had done the Oath Ceremony ?
This was explained at the end of my oath. Subject line of your email should be OATH FORM-TIME-DATE-CLERK INITIAL-FILE NUMBER. In my case my subject line was OATH FORM-1PM-2022-03-24-NS-C00XXXXXXX

RSM2021

Nov 5, 2021
Anyone knows how to contact the Hamilton office please?
Timeline:
Application sent July 2020
AOR Nov 2020
Background verification complete Feb 2021
Citizenship test request October 2021
old tracker DM : Nov 4 2021
new tracker all updated to completed: , Oath ; not started

Ghost update Feb 14th
old tracker from DM to in progress.
new tracker all updated to completed (still says last updated date Nov 4) , Oath ; not started

Ghost update Mar 14th
application in old tracker updated to DM
new tracker all updated to completed (still says last updated date Nov 4) , Oath ; not started

My parents are unwell and I wanted to travel to India but worried the oath ceremony invite might come and I have to come back soon.
anyway to contact the Hamilton office to get an update?

Also what is GCMS notes and how do i request it?

Ed1983

Nov 14, 2020
Hi all, first I would like to thank everyone in this forum for all the insights and guidance that you provide. My journey is finally over. Received Citizenship certificates today. 7 days after oath ceremony. Good luck to everyone still on this long journey.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Mississauga Applicant
Got oath ceremony update March 29.
Took Test on June 2021
Test Status updated on Nov 21
DM on ECAS tracker two weeks ago
Oath invite updated on portal for April 11th.

Finally got the needed update, but i haven't received instructions yet on the oath ceremony, how will i get that , through my email, if so when normally others get after getting oath invite?

Reactions: Aquarius93

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am from Ottawa. Citizenship Test updated at December 21, 2021. Still waiting for Oath invitation!! Is there anyone from Ottawa waiting like me?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi, I am from Ottawa. Citizenship Test updated at December 21, 2021. Still waiting for Oath invitation!! Is there anyone from Ottawa waiting like me?
Hi, Ottawa applicant and I did my test in June, DM on November 2 and I've heard nothing since. I haven't seen many Ottawa applicants called for Oath who applied in 2020...

Reactions: SNS76

dc4510

Mar 31, 2022
Hi Surrey, BC applicant here

Here's my timeline:
Application sent- July 1st 2020
AOR Sent- January 4th 2021
Background marked Complete- March 2nd 2021
Citizenship test invite- September 16th 2021
Citizenship test taken- October 3rd 2021
Interview with Immigration Officer- February 15th 2022
Asked for more evidence of physical presence sent- February 16th 2022
Prohibition and Language skills marked completed- Feb 15th 2022
Physical Presence marked completed- March 4th 2022

I have a question about some things, So on the Client application status it was marked Decision Made, then the next day my physical presence was marked completed. I do still have on the more indepth application status site the message on top "Send us additional information" but it was on there before and I want to think the guy forgot to take it off once he marked my physical presence completed. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? Does this mean I should be expecting my oath ceremony to change from "Not Started" to "Completed" soon?

Nervous because my PR card expires soon. Thanks for any responses!