Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
i think you should get the ceremony invitation email today. A lot of people here received it within 2-3 days before the ceremony.
Good luck with your ceremony.
Thanks! I'm pretty doubtful at this point but I guess we'll see. It's definitely frustrating!

toniomali

Jan 8, 2018
Hey guys, it has been a while since the tracker for our cohort (July 2020) has moved over 48 percent in the Decision Made date ecas estimate column. I was wondering if this is because there is another slow down in processing applications.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hey guys, it has been a while since the tracker for our cohort (July 2020) has moved over 48 percent in the Decision Made date ecas estimate column. I was wondering if this is because there is another slow down in processing applications.
There’s slow down for sure, at the same time, not a lot of people are reporting their Decision made (maybe cause ecas is no longer checked by many) plus i see the tracker is not being updated regularly as it was before (mine is not updated).
just my 2 cents.

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
It seems the excel hasn't been updated on this thread. I went back to ~mid Feb and updated ~10 rows total. So now it's on 52% for DM and 42% for Oath.

Reactions: Radium

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Any update for you?
Did you get your invite email? I guess you were scheduled for today, I think.
Hey, thanks for checking in. I got in touch with a CIC call centre agent Monday morning, who sent an urgent email on my behalf. Ironically, my webform was rejected with copy-paste links to the website for common questions, today, so my heart skipped a beat when I saw an email from CIC at 3pm... Lol.

Alas, I never received my notice for my citizenship oath ceremony. To say I'm disappointed wouldn't be fair, because I honestly expect these types of issues with CIC. I had plenty of friends with similar issues during our PR applications - one friend had her entire application lost by CIC, and she had to go to the media with her GCMS notes to prove they had logged parts of the application they were now claiming she didn't include (such as her background checks). Magically, it was found the next day ;)

I sound bitter, but really, it's not a big deal. I will be fine.

It's more that I've done everything I was supposed to, and then some, such as emailing the VO directly and reaching out ahead of time to say "hey, is there a problem? FYI, I didn't receive my invite for my ceremony". And still, nothing.

I guess I will just hope they reschedule sooner than later.

• Sad
Reactions: Radium

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hey, thanks for checking in. I got in touch with a CIC call centre agent Monday morning, who sent an urgent email on my behalf. Ironically, my webform was rejected with copy-paste links to the website for common questions, today, so my heart skipped a beat when I saw an email from CIC at 3pm... Lol.

Alas, I never received my notice for my citizenship oath ceremony. To say I'm disappointed wouldn't be fair, because I honestly expect these types of issues with CIC. I had plenty of friends with similar issues during our PR applications - one friend had her entire application lost by CIC, and she had to go to the media with her GCMS notes to prove they had logged parts of the application they were now claiming she didn't include (such as her background checks). Magically, it was found the next day ;)

I sound bitter, but really, it's not a big deal. I will be fine.

It's more that I've done everything I was supposed to, and then some, such as emailing the VO directly and reaching out ahead of time to say "hey, is there a problem? FYI, I didn't receive my invite for my ceremony". And still, nothing.

I guess I will just hope they reschedule sooner than later.
Extremely sorry to hear your ordeal. This is limits of lousiness on their part. Especially when you sent them an email to their direct ID. I can assure you from experience that they do read each and every email within 24 hours, but only respond to some. Very surprised that they couldn't look into your issue. I hope you get the new invite very soon. Do keep checking your tracker daily. Mine got updated sometime around 8 AM. Same VO. Best of luck!

Reactions: Amalthea

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Extremely sorry to hear your ordeal. This is limits of lousiness on their part. Especially when you sent them an email to their direct ID. I can assure you from experience that they do read each and every email within 24 hours, but only respond to some. Very surprised that they couldn't look into your issue. I hope you get the new invite very soon. Do keep checking your tracker daily. Mine got updated sometime around 8 AM. Same VO. Best of luck!
I am holding out a modest hope they are simply waiting to reach out because they are in the process of rescheduling my "group" and want to email us with the new date at the same time. Which may be the most efficient use of their time, albeit a bit rude. I have seen posts on these forums where people in my situation heard back a week or two later with an email stating, "there was a problem, your stated ceremony date can be rescheduled at any time", and receive the new date + invite info. But then, you have others who have been waiting months with no word. As usual, no rhyme or reason to this bureaucratic fever dream, but I am naively hoping to hear from them sooner than later. I cannot imagine being in the position of those who passed their tests in 2019, 2020, and are still waiting for an oath ceremony. It could always be worse. Appreciate the support. It will always be a bit frustrating when they drop the ball.

Reactions: vvarma

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am holding out a modest hope they are simply waiting to reach out because they are in the process of rescheduling my "group" and want to email us with the new date at the same time. Which may be the most efficient use of their time, albeit a bit rude. I have seen posts on these forums where people in my situation heard back a week or two later with an email stating, "there was a problem, your stated ceremony date can be rescheduled at any time", and receive the new date + invite info. But then, you have others who have been waiting months with no word. As usual, no rhyme or reason to this bureaucratic fever dream, but I am naively hoping to hear from them sooner than later. I cannot imagine being in the position of those who passed their tests in 2019, 2020, and are still waiting for an oath ceremony. It could always be worse. Appreciate the support. It will always be a bit frustrating when they drop the ball.
Are you a Trump refugee?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Are you a Trump refugee?
I am not sure what you're referring to; I applied for spousal PR in 2014 and was approved 8 months later.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015

I have also ordered my GCMS notes. I tried to be reasonable up until this point, but failing to provide me with my ceremony invite for the date given, while giving them ample opportunity in advance to rectify the situation, means I am gearing up to become super annoying about this. I am incredibly busy in my med program, but I refuse to fall thru the cracks. Hopefully, I will hear from them by the time I get my GCMS notes and then it need not escalate further.

My professors were so understanding about this all. "Hey instructors - I may or may not miss my critical labs today, depending on whether or not I get an email to become a citizen". At first they were so happy for me, and then we were all disappointed together, today, lol.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I have also ordered my GCMS notes. I tried to be reasonable up until this point, but failing to provide me with my ceremony invite for the date given, while giving them ample opportunity in advance to rectify the situation, means I am gearing up to become super annoying about this. I am incredibly busy in my med program, but I refuse to fall thru the cracks. Hopefully, I will hear from them by the time I get my GCMS notes and then it need not escalate further.

My professors were so understanding about this all. "Hey instructors - I may or may not miss my critical labs today, depending on whether or not I get an email to become a citizen". At first they were so happy for me, and then we were all disappointed together, today, lol.
Good thing that you ordered GCMS, although it takes 1-2 months. Wait for a week for two, and email your MP with your ordeal. They do intervene and help sometimes. And to your earlier post regarding 2019 Test cancellations, its true that they were the worst hit and few are waiting to this day! However, fortunately for you, the same is not entirely true for Oath cancellations. When they restarted virtual Oath, the "general" trend at the time was to accommodate 2019-20 oath cancellations on priority.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am not sure what you're referring to; I applied for spousal PR in 2014 and was approved 8 months later.
Your avatar says you're from Oregon?