+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

AliSandhu

Jan 24, 2021
Very sorry to hear that mate. On a brighter note - you would now have couple of positive things going for you:
1) You can immediately apply - with the option to do so online!!!
2) Expect a much much faster progress on your app, since you would be a 2021 applicant. For starters - IRCC is currently sending test invites to April 2021 applicants (while there is a major Covid + Afghan crisis applicable for 2019-2020 applicants)

I wish you the best, mate!
Thanks, I hope so.

Reactions: vvarma

gstj210

Aug 23, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What could be the excuse of slow processing and delays now? Covid shouldn’t be an excuse now at least?
It was the election. To secure more votes the party in power will do what they can to secure more votes on the citizenship side. But after the election, the momentum stops since they got what they want. :) He he he

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Today we sent an email to local office and they said they put our tow files in the oath scheduler! not sure what doe this mean?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Thing is, thats true because before I did the test I was just forgot about it and went on about my everyday life lol. Now I've done the test I'm checking everyday.
Today we sent an email to local office and they said they put our tow files in the oath scheduler! not sure what doe this mean?

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021

Your two files? Probably means you and your partner are just awaiting a date at this point. Sounds like very good news to me! :)
Get the champagne ready to celebrate, the light is bright at the end of your tunnel lol

Reactions: Hanan22

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
This means you have to wait for few months. They are telling me the same since July and still no sign of oath ceremony

Reactions: Pra257 and Hanan22

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Your two files? Probably means you and your partner are just awaiting a date at this point. Sounds like very good news to me! :)
Get the champagne ready to celebrate, the light is bright at the end of your tunnel lol
Hopefully; we need to go back home and we don't have any passports! will update here

leafly

Feb 18, 2021
Hey guys, I finally got a status update on my application, I get to write the citizenship test!

Oct 15, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated
Oct 29, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test

I was starting to think my application got lost or something...

Reactions: Hanan22 and Mutenye