+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Pickachu21

May 17, 2021
I have just taken the test online . Passed with 20/20 . Waiting for portal to update .
How long does it take to see update on the Portal ?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
I have just taken the test online . Passed with 20/20 . Waiting for portal to update .
How long does it take to see update on the Portal ?
It was around 8 days before mine was updated. Other people have had it shorter, others longer. All depend son your local office. Congrats and it will come through late next week I imagine.

Reactions: Pickachu21

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
Test taken on June 24th. Status has been updated today to Completed for Citizenship Test. But why background check is still in progress?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Test taken on June 24th. Status has been updated today to Completed for Citizenship Test. But why background check is still in progress?
BG checks is not related to the citizenship test. If your BG checks is IP, then it is likely that your criminality or security clearance is still pending.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
We are in similar situation. I completed my test in the first week of June and waiting since thn. BG check is in process. I think its stuck in security. I have already submitted all scanned pages of my passport so didn’t get any request to submit them. My office is Vancouver. Its taking more time bcz I have 8 international trips to account for. I calculated very carefully and kept a buffer of more than 3 weeks. Going crazy with the wait lol. May 2020 applicant.

May 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took my test on June 23rd and it got updated to completed the next day on the new status tracker. No other correspondence/requests since. Raj, could you kindly update the tracker! Thanks in advance.

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
We are in similar situation. I completed my test in the first week of June and waiting since thn. BG check is in process. I think its stuck in security. I have already submitted all scanned pages of my passport so didn’t get any request to submit them. My office is Vancouver. Its taking more time bcz I have 8 international trips to account for. I calculated very carefully and kept a buffer of more than 3 weeks. Going crazy with the wait lol. May 2020 applicant.

Thank you for the insight. My office is Surrey as I also received passport copies request from this office.

Can anyone update the tracker for my test date?

Thank you!

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Thank you for the insight. My office is Surrey as I also received passport copies request from this office.

Can anyone update the tracker for my test date?

Thank you!
Hi, I have a question for you. Does your application timeline shows FP required, FP received dates when you use the new tracker tool. Mine doesn’t show anything as the BG check is still in progress. Do they get updated on the same day? Thank you.

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Copy from Fb Group
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period. important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented. Good luck on your citizenship test!
Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
Hi, I have a question for you. Does your application timeline shows FP required, FP received dates when you use the new tracker tool. Mine doesn’t show anything as the BG check is still in progress. Do they get updated on the same day? Thank you.
Nothing on the tracker. FP received in March and has been done in May.

Reactions: Rocketsingh500

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Atleast you have received test invite. You have done everything from your side. Now it's IRCC's turn.

Reactions: Rocketsingh500