+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

haohaohao87

Jan 26, 2021
I just wonder what additional process should be done by the officer to finally approve the application after all already has been passed.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Express Entry applications
Last updated: March 16, 2021

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 24 and 30, 2020 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
So for July AORers, the finalizing will happen somewhere between late April and late May.

Mar 16, 2021
Hey guys,

This is my first message here.

Here is my timeline:
Applied on July 15, 2020
Inland, one dependent
Biometrics done: October 5, 2020

No updates on the EE application until March 13, 2021: biometrics received. It seems like there was an update on EE application only because I applied for BOWP recently (which was approved today btw). They extended my WP for a year, hopefully I won't have to wait for so long lol

Thanks everyone for posting here, I check this forum all the time. This waiting situation has been (and still is) really stressful and at times depressing.

Cheers:)

Reactions: shredder

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
I saw people who got all passed from late January to Mid Feb are still waiting. I assumed we all passed on 1st March. So not sure how much longer should we all wait. But apparently, we will WAIT FOR the application to be approved first, then WAIT FOR the actual COPR, and lastly WAIT FOR the PR card. It is definitely frustrating and disappointing.
It's very frustrating.. I can understand the waiting time for the PR card because they have to print it, but for the other phases... are kind of automatic since done by computer.. there should be a system that issue all the document in an automatic way...

Reactions: harry0207

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
I saw people who got all passed from late January to Mid Feb are still waiting. I assumed we all passed on 1st March. So not sure how much longer should we all wait. But apparently, we will WAIT FOR the application to be approved first, then WAIT FOR the actual COPR, and lastly WAIT FOR the PR card. It is definitely frustrating and disappointing.
It’s hard but it will come. Remember applications out number the actual officers and every applications has to be over looked by a senior officer to get final approval. Your COPR is coming just hang in a bit longer

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Could you explain what you just said in more detail?
Field Operations Support System (FOSS) was the old system IRCC used to hold immigration records. They transitioned this to the GCMS system in 2012. When your Eligibility is being assessed, IRCC do an Integrated FOSS/GCMS check on you to see all related interactions that may have been had regarding you as an applicant, as well as actions taken with respect to any applications you've made in the past.

If/when you pass Eligibility (and all other stages), an officer will do a final review prior to issuing a COPR/ PR visa/ documentation. It is during this review that they do one more FOSS/GCMS check to ensure you remained eligible throughout the application process, as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

haohaohao87

Jan 26, 2021
Field Operations Support System (FOSS) was the old system IRCC used to hold immigration records. They transitioned this to the GCMS system in 2012. When your Eligibility is being assessed, IRCC do an Integrated FOSS/GCMS check on you to see all related interactions that may have been had regarding you as an applicant, as well as actions taken with respect to any applications you've made in the past.

If/when you pass Eligibility (and all other stages), an officer will do a final review prior to issuing a COPR/ PR visa/ documentation. It is during this review that they do one more FOSS/GCMS check to ensure you remained eligible throughout the application process, as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Thanks for your explanation.
According to your words, if I have added my employment history, 10 years of history in my EE application which was not disclosed during my temporary resident applications, it could cause a problem to get approval in EE at the end?

Last edited: