+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Shiva1910

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
This wait is becoming so frustrating, why are some files stuck at Security while the later ones are getting COPR, how much time does it take to clear Security! So much is at stake !

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
After waiting for a month, got the notes that told me many things that I have already known. Calling seems to be a better option

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
The way she explained it was like they will process application chronologically.
yeah they explain like that. BUT it's obviously NOT chronological order. I know you have been struggling like me and asking VO here. HOWEVER, Visa office and AOR doesn't matter anymore. I know a guy who applied in August has already received COPR. Hopefully we can get a good news soon!

Josh@k

Nov 11, 2019
That’s strange. I just called IRCC and the agent told me they don’t have much information but she can see that Ottawa is currently working with the May 17-23 PR applications. However, here I can see people who applied even late July they also started getting the Copr.
Yes, the whole process itself is not very transparent. Even when I called the agent this morning , the agent on the phone said my background was in progress and security not started and within couple of hours my file got approved and I can see that my background was completed on 3rd march.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Thanks everyone for their support. This group has made life easier.

Finally, Application got approved in the system and can see the COPR number. I didn't get any email, just login and it was showing application updated.
AOR: 19th July
All inland
Primary VO: Ottawa
Secondary: Etobicoke

Now, need to wait for the email with COPR document.

Neelu@1

Feb 22, 2021
Hi,
I had applied for trv visa for me and my family in January while my Pr application was in progress but now I received my ecopr recently and Pr card will take sometime to come should I withdraw my application ?

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hey guys, how long do they usually take for the final decision? My VO is Ottawa, never changed since the beginning.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Even if all the stages are passed?.. I am June 2020, and we passed all the stages last week... I was hoping to avoid to wait other 9 month
I saw people who got all passed from late January to Mid Feb are still waiting. I assumed we all passed on 1st March. So not sure how much longer should we all wait. But apparently, we will WAIT FOR the application to be approved first, then WAIT FOR the actual COPR, and lastly WAIT FOR the PR card. It is definitely frustrating and disappointing.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Express Entry applications
Last updated: March 16, 2021

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 24 and 30, 2020 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.