+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

abhijeet8685

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

My application was approved today. AOR July 5th 2020. No email and no call, just a ghost update.

Timeline -

Review of eligibility
  • March 3, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • August 25, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 5, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • January 29, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • March 3, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I do see the COPR document number, but there is no COPR letter in my profile. Does anybody know how long will it take for COPR to appear in the profile ?
You can expect to see it in the next 24 Hours. Once you see it login via Firefox Browser to save the PDF's, as I was not able to get it in Chrome it gave me a hard time.

simo’s

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

My application was approved today. AOR July 5th 2020. No email and no call, just a ghost update.

Timeline -

Review of eligibility
  • March 3, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
  • March 3, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I do see the COPR document number, but there is no COPR letter in my profile. Does anybody know how long will it take for COPR to appear in the profile ?
Congratulations I'm July 04 still waiting for the final decision. your VO please?

Neelu@1

Feb 22, 2021
Application approved today for me and my 3 dependants
Aor 16 July 2020
Saw it on portal COPR no.for everyone but no document
No email ,or call

Reactions: karenzhou93

Sh20

Mar 3, 2021
This is my first post in this forum.

I have applied through CEC stream, AOR July08
Biometric: Oct21
Waiting for final decision since Feb 05.
My last call: Feb16.

Secondary office is London Ontario, I heard that London is really slow compared to other secondary Visa offices.

Is there anyone in this forum who got approval from London recently.

Thanks,

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
Application approved today for me and my 3 dependants
Aor 16 July 2020
Saw it on portal COPR no.for everyone but no document
No email ,or call
i think it will take 2 or 3 business days to get copr in email..my file was approved yesterday..so i will update you once i get copr in my email

Josh@k

Nov 11, 2019
I just logged into my CIC account and saw " Application/profile updated". But when I logged in to check nothing changed. I know this is my 1st ever Ghost update. Just asking what does the 1st GU suggests? Thanks

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I just logged into my CIC account and saw " Application/profile updated". But when I logged in to check nothing changed. I know this is my 1st ever Ghost update. Just asking what does the 1st GU suggests? Thanks
As per my understanding 1st GU means your criminality is completed and eligibility is conclusively passed

Next step: security

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello everyone,

Timeline -

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

I was approved Feb 25. Document arrived via email March 1 and in my GCkey account March 2.

May not be the same case for you. Some are sent to the landing portal.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Hi Guys I have this message in my application,

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

I am not sure what it means. I didnt receive any update since November 13th when my biometrics was updated. The last time i called an agent he told me that everything was fine with my application and that it was all good. AOR: July 29TH
everyone has this msg - dont worry

Reactions: tj_sf

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Thanks Ashish for the response. Any idea how long will it take for security completion?
I got 1st GU on 22nd Feb and 2nd GU on 26th. I called CIC after 2nd GU and they told everything is passed and now wait for final decision. After that there is no update.