+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
VFS global has opened but the

VFS has started taking biometrics in India but not for PR applicants. Is there any other way she can give biometrics?
Unfortunately,you have to wait until VFS starts taking biometrics for PR applicantions.Under the pandemic,non-essential travel should not be embarked upon,so I won’t advise any travel to another country to complete the biometrics.

Last edited:

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Tried calling IRCC number after 4pm and something has changed:
From "we have requested a medical exam" blah blah to "you do not need additional documents". The medical part they kept mentioning in the prompt is now gone. So I am hoping and praying for a light at the end of the immigration tunnel, should be a matter of time now. Will try to call tomorrow.
Update:
Called them, agent said Remedicals passed, awaiting final decision.

Jul 28, 2020
Update:
Called them, agent said Remedicals passed, awaiting final decision.
How did you reach the agent? I have been trying to call them for 3-4 days. There is an automated message on my application status and then they ask to press 0 to reach an agent. I do that and I am always told that you can't be transferred to an agent at this time due to high volume.

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys!!!! I got the golden email today. Got my COPR. Details below;
No dependents
In-land application
AOR was July 7th
Medical was 20th of August
Biometrics submitted on October 2nd

All Canadian education and all Canadian work experience. I did not submit anything from back home. So, I had probably the most straightforward application.

I don't know my VO

Good luck to everyone! These are extremely tough times we are going through. Stay positive and don't lose faith. I hope everyone gets the golden email sooner than later!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Any news on Sydney VO???? It’s so SILENT. I am still waiting for an update..
Sydney normally processes PNP applications.They might have a large backlog of PNP and CEC applications as well. The VO your application gets sent to be be finalized also has an impact on processing times.For example Etobicoke,will obviously take longer a longer time to issue COPR’s ,due to the sheer volume of applications they process,than say a Local VO like Kitchener.

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Sydney normally processes PNP applications.They might have a large backlog of PNP and CEC applications as well. The VO your application gets sent to be be finalized also has an impact on processing times.For example Etobicoke,will obviously take longer a longer time to issue COPR’s ,due to the sheer volume of applications they process,than say a Local VO like Kitchener.
yea i know.. its just such a long delay. My aor is july 23.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
My secondary office is CPC Ottawa, is there any way they will process my application instead of sydney?
Given the pace which they are currently processing July applications, I think you will for sure see some progress in your application by the end of the month.