+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
Why would you use a consultant when the express entry is the easiest and straight forward system? I just don't get it unless people have a valid reason.
1- I was told by most people that's the way to go and there is a higher chance of getting rejected if you do it by yourself since you are more prone to making mistakes.
2- I always get super anxious and overwhelmed when I need to do paperwork with government, having my future depending on that decision is pretty hectic. So, I rather minimize all potential issues
3- My family suggested it as well as offering to pay for it.
So, I was like why not? But my consultant has been pretty MIA with 2 word replies, so in retrospect I should have just done it by myself

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
Canada is an English (and French) speaking nation and if you need assistance in creating and submitting your EE profile which is the simplest of the immigration process, then forget about hunting for a job here. Survival will be hard if one cannot do the basic things for immigration without assistance. I have seen people who use consultants struggle after coming to Canada as they are constantly looking for help. People planning to immigrate to Canada and other western countries should know life won't be easy if one cannot do the simplest things on their own. I have seen queries of people who are using consultants. It's absurd to a level that people don't even know what they are doing and some people ask very basic questions that have answers through a simple google search. Personally, I know a well-educated person who was trying to get his education assessment report for over 1 year. He was stuck with false information that his consultant told him. Then, I helped him get his WES kinda report in less than 2 months. I advised him not to come to Canada if he cannot do this straight forward process. Again just my thought and I hope I can have a "say" here as I last checked this is a PUBLIC forum.
Don't worry mate, I have been living here and doing A LOT more than "just surviving" for the past 8 years. You do you, let me do me :)

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Yeah so I called IRCC today (finally after 20 attempts):
AOR JULY 1
CEC INLAND
CPC OTTAWA
As of Jan 11:
Eligibility: recommended passed
Security: pending
Criminality: pending
Med: might be extended or re-medical
Biometrics: OK

As of today Jan 25:
Eligibility, Security, and Criminality: All passed and updated Jan 22
Remedical request letter: also Jan 22 (per agent this is the last step they are waiting on for me to action on then officer can finalize my app and issue COPR)
Forgot to add: As per my GCMS notes before initial meds were passed back in Aug 21 with M1 S1 grade but it expired and now they want me to spend an another $330 + xray fees. lol but it is what it is.
already have an appt for med exam this Friday

Hoping for the best!!
Tried calling IRCC number after 4pm and something has changed:
From "we have requested a medical exam" blah blah to "you do not need additional documents". The medical part they kept mentioning in the prompt is now gone. So I am hoping and praying for a light at the end of the immigration tunnel, should be a matter of time now. Will try to call tomorrow.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
1- I was told by most people that's the way to go and there is a higher chance of getting rejected if you do it by yourself since you are more prone to making mistakes.
that’s a myth. A lawyer/consultant can’t speed up the process and they are in no way a guarantee that you will receive PR. All they can do is check your paperwork that nothing is missed. They may also know other avenues for PR. But ultimately you’re the only one who have to collect all the paperwork yourself. If you can do that yourself you can file the application yourself.

scalvox

Jan 31, 2021
that’s a myth. A lawyer/consultant can’t speed up the process and they are in no way a guarantee that you will receive PR. All they can do is check your paperwork that nothing is missed. They may also know other avenues for PR. But ultimately you’re the only one who have to collect all the paperwork yourself. If you can do that yourself you can file the application yourself.
yeah figured that really quickly and wished I did it all myself. For some reason, before applying I have made it such a big deal in my head. He did guide me thru a few things and fixed a few of potential errors for me. So all in all its okay

karenzhou93

Aug 28, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PR approved today and received ecopr.
AOR- July 22 2020
Congrats! my aor is also July 22nd. Just got reply from webform yesterday which says
  • The security background verification have not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
same response as three months ago, seems like nothing moving forward.

:D:D:D

abhijeet8685

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hello All,

People who got approved today, did you get an attachment named "Information Letter" in your CIC Account?

If yes, are you able to download it?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
yeah figured that really quickly and wished I did it all myself. For some reason, before applying I have made it such a big deal in my head. He did guide me thru a few things and fixed a few of potential errors for me. So all in all its okay
You can gain control of your application by sending in a request to cancel representation, to IRCC.

I wonder though if that could open up a can of worms between you and your rep.

You can still call in and also request gcms notes

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
AOR: 13 July 2020.
Only biometric updated till date. Joint application with spouse. I am currently residing in Canada while wife is in India(She is not able to give biometrics due to pandemic). No updates at all.

Any suggestions from you guys?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Only biometric updated till date. Joint application with spouse. I am currently residing in Canada while wife is in India(She is not able to give biometrics due to pandemic). No updates at all.

Just one suggestion: Wait. And keep silent.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017

Your wife is currently in India and unable to complete her biometrics.There likely won’t be any update in your application.Completing biometrics is an integral step required before criminality and security background check can begin.

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
VFS global has opened but the
Your wife is currently in India and unable to complete her biometrics.There likely won’t be any update in your application.Completing biometrics is an integral step required before criminality and security background check can begin.
VFS has started taking biometrics in India but not for PR applicants. Is there any other way she can give biometrics?