+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

VisIps1986

Jan 3, 2021
When agent has passed your eligibility saying your eligibility is met but a senior officer need to do review for final pass. My eligibity is also recommended pass
Hello, how do you know your eligibility status, for me it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." for few months now.

VisIps1986

Jan 3, 2021
AOR Date - July 7th
Medicals Passed - Aug 26th
Biometrics Completed - Oct 20th
Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
BGC - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
FInal Decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

And the wait continues....

Harsh1992

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Hello guys
I am biometrics exempt but it’s still showing that my finger prints have not been received.
I understand they are refunding biometrics fees...yet to receive mine
AOR July 30th
I had been in the same situation. I am biometrics exempted but it has to be done( updated) by officer manually. It happens when officer opens and look at your application. This was what agent told when I called. It took 3 months to get it updated in my case. I got AOR April 9th and they updated my biometrics on December 14th. Got biometrics refund on December 23rd . But still waiting for final approval. Everything has been passed .!

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
When agent has passed your eligibility saying your eligibility is met but a senior officer need to do review for final pass. My eligibity is also recommended pass
is there any difference between the first and the second agent? is the second more senior? or he just does another check? and how often the second agne cancels the recommended pass from the first agent ??? Thank you

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
is there any difference between the first and the second agent? is the second more senior? or he just does another check? and how often the second agne cancels the recommended pass from the first agent ??? Thank you
There is a higher possibility if the first agent recommended "Review Required" instead of "Recommended Passed" for eligibility. I think it depends on the notes added by the first Case Analyst. In my case, the call centre agent told me everything looks fine with the notes added and he didn't see any adverse notes from the first Case Analyst after he added "Recommended Passed".

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
There is a higher possibility if the first agent recommended "Review Required" instead of "Recommended Passed" for eligibility. I think it depends on the notes added by the first Case Analyst. In my case, the call centre agent told me everything looks fine with the notes added and he didn't see any adverse notes from the first Case Analyst after he added "Recommended Passed".
Yes when agent recommended passed your eligibility it means everything is good as per the agent. If any red flags in eligibility the agent will not recommend pass the eligibility instead they will put under eligibility review required which is kind of concerning. Recommend pass is a good sign

Reactions: assen89

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Yes when agent recommended passed your eligibility it means everything is good as per the agent. If any red flags in eligibility the agent will not recommend pass the eligibility instead they will put under eligibility review required which is kind of concerning. Recommend pass is a good sign
What kind of red flags.... my eligibility was placed in review required and it’s making me really scared.... can you explain what kind of red flags

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Review required is not always a red flag! The agent couldn't able to take a decision and hence it's forwarded for the further review. Many review required Applicants passed their eligibility after the final officer review

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020
Just gave them a call this morning and the agent updated me that I'm now "recommended pass" for eligibility. Criminality has not yet started and background check is still in progress.

AOR: July 17
VO: Ottawa

Reactions: MiguelX