+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I recently received AOR on Dec 11, 2020 and I am Inland CEC candidate.
When I had submitted ITA on Dec 10, 2020, I had mentioned Masters for my Wife as per Indian education; because, ECA was not done at that time and I had marked ECA to No. However, now ECA has been done today (12/17) and WES evaluated Indian MSc to Bachelor degree. Do I need to inform CIC about this change, though I did not claim any education points for my Wife as ECA was not done before AOR ?

Thank you
You're in the July AOR thread. Head on over to the December AOR thread. It exists. Just do a search. :)

asif8782

Nov 22, 2020
I recently received AOR on Dec 11, 2020 and I am Inland CEC candidate.
When I had submitted ITA on Dec 10, 2020, I had mentioned Masters for my Wife as per Indian education; because, ECA was not done at that time and I had marked ECA to No. However, now ECA has been done today (12/17) and WES evaluated Indian MSc to Bachelor degree. Do I need to inform CIC about this change, though I did not claim any education points for my Wife as ECA was not done before AOR ?

Thank you
Since you marked ECA=NO (you did not claim points for your wife's education), there is no need to inform CIC about what the WES considers about your wife's MSc or whatever...

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Another Friday and no new updates. I guess we have to wait for the new year to receive PR.
It’s 7:30 AM EST. Do you mind letting IRCC open at 8am before you spew doom and gloom?

also seems they are working weekends as I’ve seen several posts reporting GU, I’ve had webform answers on weekends.

Enough of the negativity

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
It’s 7:30 AM EST. Do you mind letting IRCC open at 8am before you spew doom and gloom?

also seems they are working weekends as I’ve seen several posts reporting GU, I’ve had webform answers on weekends.

Enough of the negativity
I am not being negative and have always emphasized patience when waiting for COPR,due to the pandemic. Right now it is just a waiting game.

I see many June applicants now receiving PR.It will soon get to July.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2020-aor-join-here.689469/page-212

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I called and found there has not been any recent update on my file since the last time I called a month ago.

Criminality still in progress,background not started and eligibility still in recommended pass. However, I was told BOWP is in final stage and should be expecting my letter after I received an update over the weekend.

abhijeet8685

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Called in CIC to check for an update as there are 10days left on my timeline.

Eligibility is recommended pass, Criminal & Background are still in progress.

Reactions: MiguelX

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I called last Thursday (Dec 24) and still Criminality in progress, Eligibility passed, security not started.
Aor July 29.
It was same once I called early in October.

Mshimpi

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-07-2020
AOR Received.
02-07-2020
I called last Thursday (Dec 24) and still Criminality in progress, Eligibility passed, security not started.
Aor July 29.
It was same once I called early in October.
AOR:- July 02
Called them 3 days ago.
Medical done
Biometrics exempt
Eligibility- Recommended pass
Criminality - In progress
Security - In progress(Recently started just few days ago)

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Called them 3 days ago.
Medical done
Biometrics exempt
That’s a good thing ( security in progress since it is the last stage ) .. probably means that the senior officer has opened your case and you could be receiving Co-PR soon.

Mshimpi

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-07-2020
AOR Received.
02-07-2020
That’s a good thing ( security in progress since it is the last stage ) .. probably means that the senior officer has opened your case and you could be receiving Co-PR soon.
I hope so.

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Called them 3 days ago.
Medical done
Biometrics exempt
seems you have progress in Security which is a big move
Hope you’ll get the email very soon

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Called them 3 days ago.
Medical done
Biometrics exempt
same as your case ( AOR JULY 11), I hope by end of Feb. I can at least leave Canada for one week and be able to come back .. but it seems that processing the application will be longer

canvis06

Dec 11, 2020
Hi @canvis06 and @byorderofthepeakyblinders (great nickname by the way, ha) -
I am in Vancouver and ON and others are in the future and blocking the line for us hahahaha, so I can never reach an agent, it's 8:00 AM when I tried to call but the only person that answers is the machine, and it always says the same thing: "We are reviewing if you're meeting the eligibility blaaaaaaaaaah!"...
:)

AOR: July 29, 2020

Eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Medical:
Passed.

Review of additional documents:
We do not need additional documents.

Biometrics:
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
BUT: Agents told all fine as previous biometrics linked in the upper right corner!

Background:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

AYE!

Is the "We are processing the background check" a step forward or was that message always like this?
Do you think July will get the COPR by the end of the month? What do you think, what are the timelines for each and every one?
hi vancouverBC2017
sorry for the late reply, I think "we are processing ur background check" is a default message.
I don't think we can get our COPR by the end of the month bcoz of Christmas and new year.
anyway let's hope by the end of the January